Possible BeamNG app?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Car8john, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

now, I know what your going to say...
    'BeamNG already has the control app that you use to control the car'

But this is different, what in proposing is a version of BeamNG for your tablet, phone, or other mobile device. You can see these 'mobile' versions of games all around, popular games such as Minecraft, GTA, Tetris, and a bunch of other games have adapted this idea to Appel to the growing market of customers who no longer have a computer, but a tablet or a smartphone instead, and, it can aid those who travel and don't want to haul their computer along or buy a laptop.

If I where to hand you a IPad and a Computer, which would you use first?

A lot of today's population would take the tablet over a computer any day, which means that the amount of people using computers is slowly going down with the rise of those tablets with fold out keyboards, in fact, right now, my computer is sitting in my office untouched and I am using my IPad with my Bluetooth keyboard to type this, why? Simple. I dont want to put money in a laptop when I could buy a tablet for less, and, a tablet weighs less and is easier to take places.

And, finally, it can make downloading mods easy on users, with a computer or laptop, you may need to manually put mods into folders, but with the app platform, you could set it up where it automatically gets put in game without effort, which could ease the experience for the extremely lazy or the new players who don't understand folders...

Also, there is already a Russian(ish) mod of the game on the App Store, so you may want to check it out, as it uses what I think is a very similar engine and has a map that looks somewhat like gridmap (near exact clone)

Hope you like this idea, if you didn't, then don't just post stuff like 'stupid idea' or 'this is spam' instead just leave this thread and join another.....

Cheers!

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Have a think about the Processing power, RAM and Graphics Cards in tablets. To get a powerful tablet you would need to spend much more on the tablet than on a similiar power laptop.

I just looked up the Apple Ipad Pro and it has a max clock speed of 2.26 GHz and the biggest limiting factor of running beamng at high frame rates is the CPU. compared to the laptop i am typing this on, It has 2.6 Ghz and runs at around 45FPS on gridmap (with the obstacles) and that is with everything set on lowest and only running 1 car. Im not even sure if most tablets even have graphics card but that also becomes an issue with more powerful pc's at higher settings.

Also mods are not hard to install manually. If you have problems transporting a file from your downloads to a the mods folder in beamNG drive documents folder. You are probably to young to even have a computer and people that want to play games (i dont mean crappy easy run stuff from the windows store or whatever they are) such as full on games like GTA, Project Cars, Call of Duty and No mans sky you do not play it on a Laptop let alone a tablet or smartphone. you play it on a gaming PC that will usually cost upwards of $800 that is purpose built to play games.

I apologize for ruining yoor ideas and being so blunt but it is the truth and will be said and repeated by many other people that understand the facts of running beamng.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

it's been suggested quite a few times before. I even wrote a quite lengthy post on why it couldn't happen at the time, hand written too. I can possibly link that later but right now I'm on my phone and haven't found it. The TLDR version though: No

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

A cool idea would be that if you have a pc you can stream it to your phone and play everywere as long as you have internet acsess a bit like the ps4 remote play

5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I persoanlly think that it would be cool if you could link up your phone to use as a controller and play with friends even if you still have to use USB cables.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

No.
    They all use the same plugin, which works similarly to how GTA does it.
    Nothing that has to do with true soft-body.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

you can already
    --- Post updated ---
    you can already

8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Really how?

9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

If you have an internet connection and an android phone.
    Not everybody has fast enough internet or even internet access.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

theres quite a few ways of streaming PC screens to mobile devices. Somewhere I posted a pic of BeamNG running on a lumia 640, this was done using microsoft remote desktop (available for all 3 mobile OSes). You can also use splashtop, teamviewer, I think NVidia have a way of streaming from NVidia GPUs to android, there might also be a way of having steam in home streaming on android. All of these methods by default are local network only, though with port forwarding can work online (definitely remote desktop which I have used online).
    --- Post updated ---
    dont know what you are on about now, of course you need an android phone, you already referenced in your suggesting wanting a phone. The BeamNG control app already exists, it works on a local network only though. There are few PCs that do not have wireless cards and therefore cannot host a wireless network. You dont need internet for the suggestion you suggested and already exists

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice