1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Poll and SBR4 both gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Again_Dejavu, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Oshit, here we go again.
    Gabe, don't stop work on the car. If you like it, make it. While I personally don't like the design, I'd love to see it in game just as a big 'screw you' to all the haters.

Besides, many more people liked the car than not. As 6677 said, it's much more likely that someone will express a negative opinion than a positive one. And taking them personally is never a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Damn. :<
    I didn't really have anything against this car's styling. It was pretty cool imo.
    I just didn't want another modern car at the moment.
    Poor gabe

3. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

I'm a little late to the party, but... I really can't figure out what was wrong with the SBR4?

It was unique to an extent (comparatively, I guess) but I can't figure out what's so bad about it.

4. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Aw man! I was scared to admit that I voted for that thing in a heart beat! because so many people were saying stuff like "If you vote for the SBR4 I'll kill you!" "No SBR4. I need WENDOVER in my life" "Vote wendover, not the SBR4"

What I'm saying is, a lot of "higher up members" if I may, were saying to not vote for the SBR4, so a lot of people were scared to vote for it, even though that's the car they wanted. I think a closed thread type of thing would be good.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PLS GIB SBR4 BACK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I have to admit, I did try too make people vote for the SBR4, but I think pretty much everyone else was trying to make the other people side with them.

Just my two cents.

#24 IBsenoj, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Is the vocal minority better now? :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

People just can't handle the fact that it's bum looked unconventional, and from a design standpoint, a touch unresolved. However, it had a pretty face, pretty lines, funky (read: correct) rear-engined body proportions, and a well executed design language throughout the car with a muscular motif which all tied it together as a solidly designed vehicle.

Shame.

7. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

I was actually looking forward to seeing how you would tackle the engineering aspect of it :(.

8. NascarMan42

NascarMan42
    Expand Collapse

I loved the look of the SBR4, yes I voted for the Burnside, but I loved the look of the SBR4 because it was unique, you don't have to base cars off of real life cars to look good, I hope we get to see the SBR4 soon, it was winning too, it deserved to win.
    People loved it that's why it was winning in the first place.

#28 NascarMan42, Apr 17, 2015
  9. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

I certainly liked the SBR4. I personally voted for the burnside, but i wouldve been equally as happy with either of them. The thing i liked most *was* its uniqueness, the fact that it was really original. And also, i thought it looked great, the only thing i thought couldve done with a tweak was the flat windowline on the doors.
    This is why we cant have nice things guys! 5 extremely vocal dicks (not going to name any names) had to be dicks repeatedly, bashing a car that they didnt like (that many many others did like, a whole helluva lot) ruined it for the entire community. I realize this is the internet and all, and you need a thick skin to survive here, but stuff like that just pisses me off. FFS! I guess thats what i get for getting my hopes up.

10. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Note how the people who were bashing on the SBR4 are too pussy to post here.
    Note how the people who were on the fence about the car suddenly like it.

Have some integrity, please.

11. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Hey. I posted the damn thing. I'll admit I didn't like the design. I felt that a rear engined Japanese car was weird, sue me. The styling was fine. Just didn't agree with the engine placement.

12. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

So you told people, multiple times, not to vote for it. Seamless logic

13. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Regardless of what people think about the car, I think you should definitely continue making it, Gabe. I was really excited to see what you were going to do with the SBR4. It was unique and crazy and awesome. It's definitely a car that BeamNG needs.

14. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

The engine placement was unique. That's one of the reasons I loved it. Now I feel like beating everyone who beat in on a unique car. Sure it may have looked odd but there needs to be variety in this game. And the asshats that posted the shit about it, just stop its ok to have an opinion but don't be a dick about it.

15. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I didn't like the design, so I told people to not vote for it. Am I missing a flaw in my logic here?

16. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

What lead you to believe my post was a personal attack? I was making a blanket observation.

You can have an opinion, but swaying other people to resonate with it for your own selfish reasons is just unwarranted. Not to mention the result is probably taking one very talented vehicle artist back to the psychiatrist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Yes. This is one of the only times I've disagreed with you but : An opinion is an opinion, don't try to force it upon others.

18. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Because your taking peoples agency away, or at least making them feel that way. :| The point of the poll was to get everyone's PERSONAL VOTE. Not making them vote for you. Please, just understand the fact that it's a poll for votes, not for making people feel bad about having their opinion be different than yours.

#38 IBsenoj, Apr 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

I am spiritually Thanking this 1,000 times

20. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I ran out of thanks... :( XD (I'd thank you if I could)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice