Police and Walking Mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by swagdanker, Apr 12, 2021.

1. swagdanker

swagdanker
    Expand Collapse

I had an idea while being chased by the police in Beamng. What if you're offroad, so they can't catch you, but then actual officers walk out of the car and can run to your car to catch you! So if you're in a place they can't reach, they would walk out the car and try reaching you. Maybe they can also chase you when you're walking. I dunno, just a random idea that came to mind :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

no

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's the dumbest and most useless idea ever, we don't even have drivers in the cars, so the cops would be invisible and it would look very weird, also why would they chase a car on foot if they have offroad cars too

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

Bruh this is BeamNG not GTA

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. swagdanker

swagdanker
    Expand Collapse

sorry, i just had a random thought and thought to share it. im sorry if it offended you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

Ok that was a little much

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

nobodys offended by it, its just its completely missing the point of the game.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I don't mean to be rude, but you guys need to be nicer - the guy joined this year, has three messages; Fordking, you didn't explain the problem at all; Agent_Y, you opened with saying it was the dumbest and most useless idea ever. This simply isn't right.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I wasn't trying to be offensive, but how else could I have worded that, it's just a really bad idea that would make the game worse and would be a waste of resources, and I tried to explain it but it's just too random. Generally if you post something like this you should expect this kind of reactions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I can see why you get the idea but i do agree with it feeling abit off from the perceptual BeamNG concept BUT the concept is ever evolving and we all of a sudden have walking mode so maybe not that far fetched after all

If someone has an idea which someone else dont like because they feel that 'they know the game better' then that can probably be said in a manner which is far less rude than the above responses. Such a behavior is sure to bounce back at one time.

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I really had no idea how to word it better, sorry. And where did I say that I think that "I know the game better"???

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I dont know how other than in less harsh words. Im swedish so i have at times used english word that are harsher than i mean, maybe thats the thing. You didnt say you know the game better, that was a general thought from me, when talking about what the concept of the game is.

13. swagdanker

swagdanker
    Expand Collapse

let's just let this thread die, the idea was pointless and i now see that it kinda sucks. there's no point in keeping the thread going. sorry everyone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Yikes, someone shouldn't have to be leaving an ideas thread saying "sorry" (especially since this is basically their first post), even if the idea doesn't quite fit the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Insightful as always.

I can see why OP might think others may have taken offense to the suggestion, given the harsh responses.

OP should expect constructive criticism.

There are a ton of ways you could have worded it better. Calling something dumb and useless is offensive. Criticising an idea can be achieved tactfully, you should make an effort to learn how to do that.

This forum sometimes...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

How wasn't my criticism constructive? Just because I used the words "dumb" and "useless" it automatically invalidates all my points?????? I get that I was too harsh but come on, everyone is just jumping on me and the others now and it makes me look like a terrible person in this context when all I did was explaining why that idea is dumb and useless

17. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Here's your post:
    And now I've improved it:
    It points out the flaws in the idea and justifies your opinion without making the OP feel stupid. Like Dummiesman said, someone shouldn't feel that they have to say sorry for posting a suggestion in a suggestions sub-forum.

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok next time I'll try to say it like this

• Like Like x 1
  19. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

You're a good guy, you just had a bad post earlier :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice