I found those export/import things on terrain editor and on very left has those small ones, but no idea how supposed to work. I have 16png heightmap and try raw and wont work. How i can easily with simples steps convert PNG Heightmap to Beam ng .ter ?
My mapping tools can also import png files and make the ter file. And it I would say it’s more stable than the native terrain importer. https://www.beamng.com/threads/beamng-mapping-tools-updated-2026-06-01.89058/
i had some problems with it if it's the beamngmappingtools. I just wanted the png to ter only without anything else basically.
It's fiddly working with the import heightmap. I advise you to use GIMP. To smooth the map, you need to load the HM into GIMP, then change the mode to 16 bit (floating) grayscale Then run a gaussian blur (I do 2.5) Then export as a 16bit Gray with no compression. - this gets you the smooth terrain as above - without losing too much of the detail that makes it interesting.
Hey guys do you guys have any knowledge about turning those track editor tracks in a map? There's some kind of hard way, but is there easy way for it? Would be handy and allow ppl to make awesome tracks with it quite easily