1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Performance issues with AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Fluffy Panda, Nov 1, 2021.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

1. Surprisingly, amds iGPUs aren't affected with this issue much. The igpu performs very well, compared to the discrete GPUs

2. Why would you NOT want to use a discrete GPU?

2. RandallN

RandallN
    Expand Collapse

I believe I have found a solution for many people. Esp those with 5000 series cpu and x570 motherboards. Because the settings I'm about to mention are on by default.

Disabling SAM (AKA resizable BAR, above 4g encoding) seemed to help massively. Especially with inconsistent pacing. Still seems like the performance is a bit low. But not the horror it was before.

You can find these settings in your BIOS. After doing so I recommend you reset your shader cache, maybe even reinstall drivers and game. (not sure if reinstalling drivers cleares shader cache)

I still think performance is too low, but this keeps me above 50 and often as high as 100fps. The pacing issues (slow and then fast, inconsistent motion) are completely gone.

The picture below is a quick way to check if resizable BAR is enabled. It should say not available if it's disabled.

Attached Files:

• 20220321_201616.jpg
    #102 RandallN, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Wow holy shit that really helped. Shut it off and the frame delivery is muuuuch smoother now.
    Radeon super resolution is also incredible and makes it run a lot faster

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seoh

Seoh
    Expand Collapse

the fact that i never experienced a performance issue with my amd gpu is kinda lucky lol

5. ALOMNDBOSS11

ALOMNDBOSS11
    Expand Collapse

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x 4.3Ghz @1.318v 32Gb Ram 2933Mhz
    Gpu: Vision TEK 5500XT 4Gb
    I get better FPS from my old Asus phoenix 1050Ti even with ai.
    The only "fix" was when the Vulkan api worked. It just crashes with Vulkan in this latest Major update.

Photos

Attached Files:

• Italy6AiCars.jpg
    • GridmapPure.jpg
    • ItalyNoAI.jpg
  6. Echo ^_^

Echo ^_^
    Expand Collapse

It's wonderful that this is being investigated. I've noticed that UI resolution can cause a 10% or more performance increase on my Vega 64 by moving the resolution from 1440p to 720p. I've run into many issues before in other games where an animation on another monitor can destroy my performance in my game (for example, the taskbar animation of an app with a notification). I wonder if this is related. AMD GPUs do not have dedicated encoding or decoding cores and instead use some of their normal compute cores for this. I believe this is why animations can cause so much impact on games.

7. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

This was short lived. The issue is back again

8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R
    Expand Collapse

This is very false? Why claim something that you have no idea lol, AMD has it from 2007 ...

Unified Video Decoder - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. alpf300

alpf300
    Expand Collapse

This is a repost of a thread I already created. I post it here aswell to contribute with a bit more data.
    I'm running a ryzen 5 3600, 16 GB of RAM @3200 MHz and an RX 5600XT.
    The GPU utilization is very low, with a range of 20% to 80% and an average of about 30% to 60%.
    Up until version 0.25 i've never had issues with gpu usage, as it always went to 100% if not CPU bound. As of today I'm not able to maintain more than 20 FPS with AI cars enabled in west coast USA, and every other map. The game has become rather unplayable. Turning down the settings to minimum yielded similar, unplayable results.
    I leave bellow a log file of the performance monitoring and a screenshot of the performance metrics in a gameplay session on west coast USA.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

For the fun of it i tried Vulkan mode with 0.25(and .1) and it seems to work quite well and bug free even though its still labeled as experimental. But the performance increase is quite significant with my 6900xt. Spawning in Norte on Italy would give me with DX11 ~60FPS with high settings and 4k. Spawning 12 AIs and 12 pool vehicles result on the same spot in very inconsistent 30-45FPS. With the experimental Vulkan mode the framerate increases on the same spot without AI to 75FPS and with the same 12/12 AI/Pool settings i get somewhat constant 60fps with frequent but very short drops to >30FPS which arent too noticeable. Its certainly is the difference between playable/serviceable and unplayable.
    Cant comment how it effects low and midtier hardware but my rig with Ryzen 3900X, 570X Mobo, 6900XT, 32GB 3200 Ram profits alot from Vulkan. IMHO worth a try since it involves almost no effort.
    Apart from that, i tried the suggestions from above to deactivate SAM/RBAR but it had no effect what so ever in my case in DX11 or Vulkan.
    At last, is there still need for some logs? I would invest 1-2 hours of my time over the weekend to log some of the data which is requested in the startpost. Maybe even with Vulkan/DX11, SAM on/of and the like. But i dont know how far the investigation from the devside has come. Are you still collecting data or are we past that point?
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. alpf300

alpf300
    Expand Collapse

I have tried vulkan on my setup aswell. The performance significantly improved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Vulkan performs like a dream

13. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Man if only i could use it

14. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

I'll test it with Vulkan later today, but for some reason in the earlier versions the performance on Vulkan was worse for me then on DX11 (I have a Ryzen 3200G and a RX570 4GB, yeah, very on the low end side of things, but still manage to pull 60FPS in some modded maps like Nurburgring and Imola with everything to the max except Reflections which I lower the framerate to the lowest setting) ON DX11 i can get 60FPS on these Maps, but with Vulkan i used to get like 30 FPS for some reason and there were bugs with the texture side of things

15. John0090

John0090
    Expand Collapse

AMD 3800x
    AMD 5700XT
    16GB RAM

Go from about 20-30FPS with traffic on regular launcher, to over 100+FPS consistently on VULKAN launcher.

EDIT: When the vulkan launcher actually wants to launch it works good.

#115 John0090, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  16. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

Ironically on Vulkan I can't get more than 40 FPS with the same settings I use on DX12 that goes above 60 FPS...

17. wgirard4

wgirard4
    Expand Collapse

Yeah with Vulkan I get the same FPS as my 2080 super so it's a step in the right direction compared to the 50% fps cut that I had before

18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

My gpu is fully used and I get amazing performance. Basically performs as it should. They’ve finally fixed the problem

19. wgirard4

wgirard4
    Expand Collapse

Yeah can't wait till vulkan is more stable because right now it crashes really easily for me when I'm loading up a map or a car but when it doesn't crash it feels really good and smooth

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. It’s a little unstable right now but besides that it’s absolutely perfect

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice