People with autism

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Joeyfuller2000, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

I used to get treated like that, and with one teacher, I still do :| But I've matured a lot, you wouldn't be able to reconize me, ever since I matured they treated me like my age (16.) I still have trouble talking to people, but I don't do stupid things like some people do, but I think that I understand my autism enough that I can kinda go and say "Nope, that's not right" when I'm talking to people. Even people note and say "People with Autism don't say that".

I used to have extreme addictions to video games in the past, but I've seem to of lost that, I used to be able to play games for 8 hours and still be having fun, now I can't go 1 hour without losing my mind, unless its a game like ARMA or BeamNG where I get to find out new things and where I can question things like "Can I rip the bumper off this car?" or "Can I hit this target with my missile from such and such away?"

When I was a kid, I was ADDICTED to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, I've even forged a PS2 cheat code in my head. Circle, Right, Cirlce, Right, Left, Square, Triangle, Up, no cops! :D

2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I have been diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of two and I have been a big car person since an early age, my mum used to take me into a supermarket and I would be pointing at one car and saying "Honda" then at another I would say "Mitsubishi" people would be surprised to see such a young child that knows names of car manufactures. I was taught how to read by cars even my colours was taught by cars.

I only found out that I had Asperger's when I was eleven it was quite a shock to me at the time.

my family especially on my dads side are autistic and have quite a lot of knowledge on their favorite subjects.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

While this thread is active, I figured I might as well post about my cousin here. His name is Adam, he's 11, and he has a developmental disorder that's never been fully diagnosed as autism or any other disorder, so he's not like a typical 11-year-old. He can't really read, and might not ever be able to fully read. Nor does he grasp many of the concepts that other kids his age understand, and he's not expected to improve a ton from where he is now. So that means no driving, not much going out on his own, and 98% of possible jobs are thrown out the window. The reality of this hit me recently, and it's amazing how different life for him will be when he grows up. But you know what? He's one of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet. He's incredibly kind and enjoys socializing with everyone, and he's probably never disobeyed a thing that his mom said. He loves socializing and loves his brother. He's an absolutely wonderful person to be around, and he seems to be enthusiastic about everything. I hope these traits will help him do well for himself in the future.

#23 JackAttak, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I did call gabester autistic once that was one of the reasons of my last ban (that and I was quite immature then) I didn't say it as an insult I thought he was (for some strange reason I don't really remember) I do regret that and I did not try to do It as a way to upset him. I have learned from that that I have to think twice before I hit the submit reply button, admit it a few of you have done this before.

5. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Because some people still think that is an insult.

6. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

...no? I've never done that and have no reason to.

And I see no reason to use that phrase in particular as an insult unless you're basically projecting yourself onto them.

#26 TheAdmiester, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  7. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm haven't called Gibblestar Autistic.

8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

what I meant was posting something bad about someone then realizing that you did something wrong but you thought it was right.

I literally spent 5 minutes trying to come up with what I want to type.

oh that's it what I meant was accidentally insulting people.

#28 ktheminecraftfan, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

When you understand social cues and tact, you'll find that all of your insults are very much intentional.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

You should have just said that you were joking, I'd say he's more offended now that he knows that you actually thought he was autistic.
    Ya know, sometimes it's best to just not say anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I have started to enjoy biting myself on my arms and the back of my hands! I was inspired by a autistic student at my job to start this biting myself.

I have high functioning autism and aspergers I think.

I have been biting myself on the arms and back of my hands a whole lot during today. I like that it is kinda addicting. I even was biting my arms while swinging very high on my swingset.

I have some small bruises on my arms starting to appear after all the self arm biting I have done since Friday. I really love to bite my arms and back of my hands!

12. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I was diagnosed with HFA (High functioning autism) in middle school and was in some social learning group throughout high school. I am now very outgoing and social which is not typical for people with HFA but my case is very minor, and I love the quirky way my brain remembers stuff, because I never need to study for exams.

• Like Like x 1
  13. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

My brother was diagnosed with autism when he was, I dunno, somewhere around 3-5 years old, and he had a few surgeries (the hospital he went to was really good) and after that went to a camp for autistic kids, and he had a lot of friends there. He isn't a car person like me, he's interested in things like planes and Harry Potter.

14. JoshTheAwesome

JoshTheAwesome
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have autism but I'm very high functioning when I was young I had FBA come to house my mother talked to them like I'm retarted. :(. I take therapy to talk about my week but I'm high functioning

15. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I don't have autism, or have had any friends who've had. I have heard some things or stereotypes about "all people autism are stupid". Now, I don't believe this, and obviously who ever told me that was the stupid one, because a lot of the people in this thread who have autism are very smart.

16. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

My brother has autism, he's not stupid, and most people don't think he is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I never passed on the stereotype, or believed it. I myself, don't think people with autism are stupid, and I'm not saying everyone does either. I have just heard from some people in my life that think they are slow, or antisocial. And like I said before, I do not think this, but I know of people who do.

18. JoshTheAwesome

JoshTheAwesome
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have many friends. I'm
    Going out with my girlfriend tonight at 10:30. I am social. I have a high grades like 100 on exams,Labs tests

• Like Like x 1
  19. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

Like mr robertgracie.

20. Cygator

Cygator
    Expand Collapse

I have ADHD and PDD-NOS. i take medicines to keep me from being hyper and let me focus better

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice