WIP PenguinvilleNG

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by donoteat, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xzbobzx

xzbobzx
    Expand Collapse

Re: EditorizerNG

Sweet.
    How's it going to work?

2. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

I just started let me think a bit.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

a GUI does not an image made in paint make, I assure you. Usually you have the ability to create a GUI with almost any software for writing code to make a program. Just how are you going to make an editor for BeamNG, and presumably to create node beam objects without... oh I don't know... Access to BeamNG?

4. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

It is an idea for the creators. Do you understand?

- - - Updated - - -

New update!

View attachment 464

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

if there are no updates then thats usually a good indicator that there aren't any updates.

6. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

will it be like in ror that if a map has more stuff in and on it that is lags more? because this map looks enormous. or is it like in gta? it only loads the bit where the car drives? or will that be up to how the game will be programed ?
    sorry if its a stupid question.

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

its occurred to me that the roads are too flat, most roads are raised in the middle to get water to run off to the sides, into the gutter in bad weather.

#147 Hati, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

He means to adjust the road, for aesthetics not use. I'm making a LC map for the jumps and other stuff. Lots of alleys

UPDATE; And for making the car drift off to the side of the road.

9. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

I'd suggest having a look at games you play and see how the models are constructed, if you get up really close you can see how they did things. You'll get better the more you do it :)

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I still suck at modeling so take this with a grain of salt. I would import free models and then modify them to get used to the tools then try to make your own. BTW, did you make your avatar or find it? Looks familiar...

11. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Just because you weren't able to dedicate yourself to modeling long enough to get good at it doesnt mean you should resort to steeling models. This is a massive problem on the RoR forums, please do not bring it over here as well.

Modeling isnt something you learn how to do well over night. Ive been modeling vehicles for nearly 7 years now and i still find myself learning new things and doing better, cleaner modeling with every new vehicle i make.

#151 Hondune, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  12. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

By the sounds of it, he's not talking about stealing models. He's saying to import free models and edit them to get acquainted with the tools and stuff (just for practice) before making your own. He's not saying import someone else's model, edit it, then upload it as your own.

13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that how I learn, I have to use the tools to modify before I create, Java, modeling, and texture packs. My teachers hate that though, LOL.

14. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, i understand what he meant. But the two go hand in hand 90% of the time. It would be better to just avoid the whole situation in the first place.

Think about it like math, you may learn a little bit by looking at someone elses work, but you will never fully understand it without doing multiple problems all the way through entirely on your own.

Modeling is very much so the same way. You may learn a little bit from looking at someone elses work, but you will never learn how to actually model anything without doing it yourself.

15. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

this is how i learnt everything i know about RoR, when i first started making thing i had no internet access except about once a week for ~1hr, so i just looked at how others had done it, then thought of a way that would work for me.
    But yeah i can see this leading to mesh stealing if you get to lazy to start from scratch.

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Enough dumb off-topic analogies.

17. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha sorry that's my fault. I tend to get caught up in arguments. My bad ;)

18. xzbobzx

xzbobzx
    Expand Collapse

Bobmobile's Pixie Dust and Magic Showroom

After having been inspired by gabester's bald mindset of 'figure it out on your own before you start complaining' I decided to return to blender after quite a while of not being able to do anything with it.
    A week later, I already have this;

(imported from here)

Now it's not great by far, but it's a start, and better than what I used to be able to not do.
    Either way I'll be posting my progress in modelling on here if none of you mind, and I hope that by the time BeamNG hits the shelves I have established such experience that I can make at least half-decent cars for it.

Thank you.

19. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Re: Bobmobile's Pixie Dust and Magic Showroom

Looks great dude, keep working on it!

20. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Re: Bobmobile's Pixie Dust and Magic Showroom

Wow. I tried to make a Lotus Esprit in Blender and...well...it wasn't exactly "perfect." Anyway, that car looks surprisingly cool. I like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice