Original xbox controller hack (FIXED) (can delete thread)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by crashmaster, Feb 8, 2017.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i dont really know any forum for this kind of things so i was hoping some of you guys could potentially help me with an issue ive got
    a few days ago my only controller kinda started flipping out so its done, for some reason every buttons are always pressing at the same time and its just having an epilepsy at this point.
    So i grabbed one of my old original xbox controllers and cut the wire, i soldered a usb on the end and i also checked on youtube to make sure this was possible in the first place. turns out there are also a few drivers for this as well, but its really old, (win xp era) so im not sure if thats the reason why its not working or other things.
    i tried to manually add the vendor id and the product id in the drivers .inf thing.
    I dont know how to explain it so heres a screenshot of what i did.
    Screenshot689.png
    The controller works when i plug it in, it installs as "generic device" since its not really made to be on pc, but the software used to make it work does not seem to recognize it, or read it or whatever. its just not there.
    Ive double checked all the connections, made sure everything is there properly, (data + and - and power + and -) and everything checks out physically.
    so yeah. this is where i left things off last night.
    pretty much stuck here.
    I lack pretty much everything to know whats going on.
    i dont have the money to buy another controller either so its rip any car game for idk how long...
    i was hoping someone could potentially mention something that could help. idk anything will help honestly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice