WIP Beta released Onyx Runner

Discussion in 'Land' started by crashmaster, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

i though of that, but i didnt think about it hard enough. ill try a few things and hopefully i wont have to make it from scratch.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well damn. ill need to rename a few nodes but the roamer seems to be the winner now. thanks a lot for that suggestion. i didnt think about it that much and im very happy that you made me think about it again. it does not seem like a lot but this probably saved me like 2-3 days of work if not more. thank you a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe voss

Joe voss
    Expand Collapse

so the hearse is going to take longer than you intended? (you know what i mean right)

3. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, i dont know. ive tried the moonhawk and the roamer and tomorrow ill try the van, if i have to do it from scratch it might take way longer, id like to say a week but even then, i dont always feel like working in mods 12 hours a day, plus the homework that ive got. i usually do a lot in the weekends tho.

4. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

The HD D15 is probably your best bet for a chassis. the van would probably work also. I love the onyx, we need more bangers.

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Soooooo, i tried the jbeam of the van. seems to be the best thing to do for now since the roamer is just not working. im still wondering if i should make all 4 doors an actual thing. there is a lot of work that needs to be done, its going to take way more time to do then the runner. im happy that a lot of you likes it, and i really want to do more bangers type of vehicles, i would be interested in making some 4x4 ish type of cars but i cant do the suspension by myself.
    this looks awful for now, but i just did a few things.
    screenshot_00697.png
    Seriously tho, this car is VERY LONG. i still had to stretch the jbeam of the var for it to fit, i didnt even do the front yet.
    So yeah, as i said, lots of work is needed, and this is why i wanted to do it from scratch, except the suspension. but i think ill be good with the van's jbeam. im just hoping that it wont disturb the suspension if i move some of the nodes around it....
    --- Post updated ---
    Great news, first time i crash this thing in a wall and its somewhat stable.
    screenshot_00698.png
    screenshot_00699.png
    already better then expected.

• Like Like x 7
  6. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

If you need help using the roamer jbeam let me know

7. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Not using the roamer's jbeam anymore, im using the van's jbeam. but ill let you know if theres anything i need help with.

8. lumbud84

lumbud84
    Expand Collapse

downloaded the mod 3 days ago. Couldn't stop using it! However, a few minutes ago I opened the game and loaded the car and saw that the metal surrounding the car was gone...the car looks different now. tried reloading the game but that didn't help

p.s.: what's the status on the hearse?

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
    #48 lumbud84, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Question, did any of you guys notice that that metal frame thing was also in the parts menu? its an optional thing.
    and the hearse, didnt work on it yesterday so nothing new for now.

10. lumbud84

lumbud84
    Expand Collapse

tbh I didn't know what the '+' sign in the menu meant. I said I downloaded the mod 3 days ago. I've also been playing the game for 3 days as well...i'm still new...thanks for the help! Good luck on making more mods!

• Like Like x 1
  11. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

So im doing something to the runner and i really need your opinion on this.
    I really like the derby runner but what if we had a normal every day car as well? thats why i started modeling the rear bumper for the runner.
    I would like to make it a normal car, but that all depends on how well the rear bumper ends up like, because im not that great at modeling stuff.
    heres what it looks like as of now, i already spent like 1-2 hours on this and honestly i dont think it looks that bad.
    Screenshot (216).png
    Screenshot (217).png
    Screenshot (218).png
    Its not like if i can use a blueprint to model anything since this is a fictional car. im not that skilled at modeling either and i would like to add details to the bumper since its pretty flat.
    Anyways, your thoughts? should i continue to make this or not?
    In-game
    screenshot_00736.png
    screenshot_00737.png
    Should i keep it up?

#51 crashmaster, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I would base it off a Volkswagen Golf mk1, or Austin metro.

13. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

yeah wat if you take a look or blueprint or inspiration or whatever from different hatch backs from the 80's or 90's

14. OldSnake

OldSnake
    Expand Collapse

really nice, think you fit this mod on the original car game?

gavril series of other or

15. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

i dont really understand what you mean. do you think you could elaborate it a little bit?

16. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

I think he's asking if you could port a BeamNG model to Dirt: Showdown.

17. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I think a normal-everyday hatchback would be nice. I like this car's ability as it is. And, a normal variant with AWD would make it kind of like a Subaru.

18. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

would be cool, but i cant do that. i didnt even notice any car mods for dirt showdown, so i dont even know if its possible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Well, I know for one thing that the car is AWD, but the way you modeled your bumper tells me that you could model a great stock interior as well.

20. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Modeling just takes time. the real problem was the uv mapping. it looks ugly and its all messed up when you use the different skins.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice