1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Oculus Rift Support for BeamNG drive !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bisofication, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Bisofication

Bisofication
    Expand Collapse

Finally ! BeamNG in the Oculus Rift DK2
    oc3.jpg oc1.jpg
    As you can see I managed to get it to work all thanks to : (@Hoopermation )

Before you read the article on how to get it working, you need to know that you need to buy a program called VorpX (http://www.vorpx.com/ costs around $50 CAD) you definitely need it in order to get the game working in VR.
    In order to get vorpx to initiate oculus as the monitor you need to change the game's name from beamng to crysis2 and that should be it !
    ss+(2016-03-10+at+02.07.08).png
    All credits go to hoopermation and his article over here :http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=579122334

One thing you need to do, is to modify the cars FOV which is recommended between 90-120 degrees depending on your taste of seeing things (modifying the Jbeam).
    ss+(2016-03-10+at+02.09.07).png
    As you can see here I set the fov to 90 (65 by default) and the height to 1.09.
    If your head tracing is not working just hold the right mouse button (I taped it lol).
    oc2.jpg
    It can be pain in the neck but its totally worth it ! Scenarios and all maps work just fine !

• Like Like x 7
  2. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I may try but one thing: The Oculus Rift makes it feels like you're in the game. I'm not risking it fainting while crush a car down into a cube

3. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

If only i didnt have a massive lack of funds...

4. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

so will this hackery work with the vive as well? i know there is no way to know right now but that will heavily influence what headset i buy. i think the VR experience will really make this game much better whereas a game like minecraft it would just be a novelty.

5. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft would be really annoying to have vr in. You could only go about 90 degrees to a side until you break your neck, unless you had a swivel chair and an untangleable wire that wouldnt be possible.

6. 147689

Expand Collapse

Seems like a good idea, may even bring some hilarious reaction videos if beamng has this feature everyday

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

most of the first person "shooter"type control games allow rotation with the mouse still

8. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

the headtracking would be good for arma where you can push a button to turn your head independently from your gun. all aiming and turning done with mouse.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

that is actually an arma 3 native feature already, head tracking in arma is independent of torso and your gun is still locked to mouse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Can you give me your oculus Rift ? :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. jurrewolff

jurrewolff
    Expand Collapse

So will there be any official support for the new CV1? I've got a steering wheel and that plus oculus would be awesome. I know that a while ago there was actual official support but it got removed because of some type of issues vr made.This would be one hell of an awesome game for Vr that works natively.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice