1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

No longer able to run Utah or ECU

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by CreasingCurve, Dec 23, 2016.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys I will try to make this short and sharp.

Basically after the latest update 0.8.0 i am unable to run Utah or ECU (ECU runs but crashes about 5-20 seconds later) as they crash with the error message of "exceeded virtual memory limit, run in 64 bit mode". I can confirm that i can run all other stock maps. I even tried Altitude just to make sure that it wasnt a problem on my end.

I used to always be able run Utah and ECU with no problems but after this update i cannot even open Utah to do either of the campaigns anymore or even get to a spawn point. As said before ECU isn't much better.

Settings were set on lowest when testing to see if that helped as well but to no avail.

Computer is a lenovo ideapad 500s (laptop)
    Specs
    - 3.9Gb DDR3 (1600mhz)
    - intel i7 6500U 2.6Ghz but usually around 3 to 3.1 as i dont play long enough for it too over heat and slow down
    - 128Gb SSD
    - intel r graphics 520 (similar power to the Gtx 830m (i think))

Game was run after i had cleared cache and in safe mode. I even tried adding a 2.5 gb paging file to see if that would fix it but nope.

Happy to provide any further details if needed, it would suck if i was unable to try out the new campaign for Utah or even use the quick race to do either of the new circuits.

Cheers,
    CreasingCurve

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Alrighty i will reset the page file stuff. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a clean reinstall but if there are no solutions i guess i have to. Just have to wait till new year though as internet has been used up.
    Thanks for responding so quickly though Nadeox. Much appreciated.
    --- Post updated ---
    Deleting the pagong file did help and i was able to do the covet mssiona nd the gravity race on the first bootup and then the exceeded virtual memory came up. On the next try i got further than last time and was able to race the red roamer but after the race before i imagine you would drive to the parts delivery mission it crashed again with same message. Is there any specific reason it pops up? What is causing it to run out of virtual memory? Could it possible be something to do with me having 6.6gb free on the ssd?
    If so that would really motivate me to delete crap off the desktop.

Thanks for the help anyways, if you can, could you pass on a message to the arts team to tell them that i am love with the art style for the new rocky start campaign. It looks so good, i cannot believe this game has progressed so quickly in just the year that i have owned the game.
    Good luck in the future

Cheers,
    Curve out for the night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 do you have any further suggestions if what i could try in order for it to not exceed virtual memory limits. Could it be something to do with the questions listed above. I am willing to try almost anything just to get it to work as it used to always run on my laptop at around 30fps at low settings.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Well, clear as much as RAM as you can.
    You have 4GB of RAM. Windows will already reserve part of it for itself. And then programs running in background.
    The total available RAM will be always less than 4GB (4GB is what the game needs at minimum).

Upgrading with some more RAM sounds like a good idea to me, 4GB is not much for today's standards.

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Uh....no expert here but what is your OS?.....are you running 64bit?

7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I did some research a while ago and will do some more now because i think my Laptop's ram and the SSD can be upgraded.
    Usually after i run high ram usage maps like ECU, Utah or JRI after i close the game and check task manager the ram usage drops to between 25% and 35% so it clearly tries its best to make it run.
    I won't bother with an SSD upgrade because that would have its own problem that i would have no idea how to get around, but i will need to watch some tutorials to see how to take the laptop apart properly without damaging anything to change the RAM.
    8Gb should be plenty for what i use my laptop for and if it will allow me to play beam without the constant frustration of crashes it seems stupid not to do it.

Thanks for the help again Nadeox, I will look into my options and hopefully Ram is neither out of my budget or hard to change.
    --- Post updated ---
    I run the version that is under all of the folders when you open the BeamNG drive folder in steamapps/common.
    Just checked, it is the 64 bit version that i run using a shortcut copied to my desktop. I tried in 32 bit mode from the bin32 folder but that made no difference.

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

.....alrighty then.

9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I am using Windows 10 Home. Fairly sure it is the latest version as it was the culprit for using 3+Gb of the last of my internet about 2 weeks ago.

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Okay just checking. Didn't see what you were using anywhere and it seems odd you would be in 32 bit mode with Win 10.

11. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

sorry for being cheeky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice