Cancelled Nissan 240sx

Discussion in 'Land' started by ICECREAM, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes it's because they don't want the mod reuploaded elsewhere and sometimes it's because they don't want to deal with the community asking stuff like can you add this and oh this isn't perfect. Obviously it can be other reasons but those are some

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. adhamghaly02

adhamghaly02
    Expand Collapse

so they dont get reuploaded
    --- Post updated ---
    and because of the sometimes un necessary suggestions

3. SlickNick924

SlickNick924
    Expand Collapse

I guess it makes sense not to promote russian websites, but when viewed objectively, does it really matter? I mean, they usually say who created the mod. After all, they do serve sort of as archives. People know who created the mod. Also, can't mod authors just unwatch and stop receiving email notifications from a thread?

Not saying any points are invalid or anything

4. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

Bruh, i know, just dont some guy call me cunt again, cause of this stuff, i mean its disrespect but dude

5. adhamghaly02

adhamghaly02
    Expand Collapse

and because of the sometimes un necces
    i wasnt trying to throw shade or anything. I was just trying to tell you the reason why people prefer not to use stolen mods or why its called stolen in the first place.
    --- Post updated ---
    and who called you that?

6. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

xMistic-, out of the Subreddit

7. ICECREAM

ICECREAM
    Expand Collapse

Their mod used models and parts from other games and creators. It's using stolen models. (From what I think anyway, I've went through the files of that other 240).

8. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

It is in fact, it's made from several games and from a SLRR mod, basically
    Still, for meshes from other games they were very detailed and complete

9. Dagreat294

Dagreat294
    Expand Collapse

Is the mod functional?

10. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

not quite, you're getting the one on this thread confused with the one on the third-party website

11. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

edit:2
    --- Post updated ---
    Well then is the reason to make a thread on the forum and presenting the private mods just for the sake of angering people ?

if they want to keep the mods themselves then they dont need to make a open thread (or share anything at all) that would indicate that this mods even exist.
    Private mods are only hurting the community, there is no defense for it, so why should anyone publish their mods at all if everyone would do that ?

Imagine that
    no oldsmobile mod no fr17 mod no ETK-S No ETK-W No Dodge Coronet no Plane mods the whole Mods section would be non existent

There are so many great mods that have vanished
    thats so frustrating especially because the mod count of beamng compared to a game like gta or i racing is realy embarrassing.
    for a now 7 Years old game beamng is realy lacking on good full modelled car mods because of that behavior -_-
    even when the expenditure for a HQ beamng mod is way higher it's still laughable

#271 tobias95ng, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  12. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

wen relese

also I'm not actually saying when it's released, just a joke

13. SlickNick924

SlickNick924
    Expand Collapse

I had a hard time following the first two parts of your post but I think you are trying to say that private mods should not be publicly displayed, as it tears the community apart. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but private mods are often used in youtube thumbnail for clickbait, so one reason this is done is to bring people's attention to beamng. Also, I guess there are certain policies on the beamng forum that disallow the usage of certain models and properties of others, and many private mods use these models probably without permission, so maybe people should release them on to some other site (preferably not a russian site) for public access. Beamng forums probably has these policies to avoid scrutiny and maybe legal action from others. Either I'm 100% dead wrong or somewhat right, so don't take this too factually.

14. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

yep you got it right what i was trying to say maybe i need to tweak my English abilities a bit

15. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

I leave and come back to this, people have stolen a version of this and leaked it or whatever, I can’t be bothered to go back and read it, in short the mod won’t be released.

And that’s exactly why a) I haven’t played beamNG for a long time and b) why when a mod is announced, I just sit back and watch, they all end up dead like this, sucks really. All the best to Icecream, hopefully something can be worked out in the future, until then, see fellow members in another three months lol.

16. xRaulyz

xRaulyz
    Expand Collapse

Dude, BeamNg mods are way harder to make than GTAV ones, they aren't a just simple model with some handling physics.
    Be grateful that there are some people investing houndred of hours for free mods instead of complaining.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not exactly, the stolen mod has nothing to do with the question, this mod won't probably be finished and released by Icecream because he needs to focus on private life stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SubieFLOW

SubieFLOW
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Is ICECREAM still working on this?
    --- Post updated ---
    Could the mod be something like this?

18. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

As far as I know, ICECREAM is leaving the forums (hopefully temporarily) so he can pull himself together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SubieFLOW

SubieFLOW
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

so the thread is dead?

20. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

There's a possibility that ICECREAM will return to work on the mod. That being said, don't count on it. You can't be certain about everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice