Need help with Glowmaps

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by JsZ, May 12, 2019.

1. JsZ

JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I'm trying to add working lights to my golf cart mod, but they won't work.
    I got the textures to show up on the cart, but pressing n does nothing
    Here's the part in the golf cart jbeam
    Code:
    "glowMap":{           
                "gcart_backlight":{"simpleFunction":{"brake":0.3,"running":0.3}, "off":"gcart_lights", "on":"gcart_lights_on", "on_intense":"gcart_lights_on_intense"},
                "gcart_frontlight":{"simpleFunction":{"lowbeam":0.3,"highbeam":0.3}, "off":"gcart_lights", "on":"gcart_lights_on", "on_intense":"gcart_lights_on_intense"},
                }
    and here is the part in materials.cs
    Code:
    singleton Material(gcart_lights)
    {
       mapTo = "gcart_lights";
       diffuseColor[0] = "0.996078 0.996078 0.996078 1";
       specular[0] = "0.992157 0.992157 0.992157 1";
       specularPower[0] = "1";
       translucentBlendOp = "None";
       diffuseMap[0] = "vehicles/gcart_JSZ2005/gcart_lights_d.dds";
       normalMap[0] = "vehicles/gcart_JSZ2005/gcart_lights_n.dds";
       pixelSpecular[0] = "1";
       specularMap[0] = "vehicles/gcart_JSZ2005/gcart_lights_s.dds";
       materialTag0 = "Miscellaneous";
    };

singleton Material(gcart_lights_on)
    {
       mapTo = "gcart_lights_on";
       diffuseColor[0] = "0.996078 0.996078 0.996078 1";
       specular[0] = "0.992157 0.992157 0.992157 1";
       specularPower[0] = "1";
       translucentBlendOp = "None";
       pixelSpecular[0] = "1";
       materialTag0 = "Miscellaneous";
    };

If anyone can tell me how to do this and what i'm doing wrong that would be really helpful

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I've been looking to the citybus' glowMap (cause that one was closest in reach at thetime :) ) and I believe
    you cannot put lowbeam and highbeam in one function ("simpleFunction"). Also does "running" and "brake" go
    together in one ? idk but here I'll paste the bus' glowMap :
    Code:
    "glowMap":{
            "citybus_signal_L":{"simpleFunction":{"signal_L":0.75}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on", "on_intense":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_signal_R":{"simpleFunction":{"signal_R":0.75}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on", "on_intense":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_runninglight":{"simpleFunction":{"lowhighbeam":1}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_taillight":{"simpleFunction":{"lowhighbeam":0.55,"brake":1}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_lowbeam":{"simpleFunction":{"lowhighbeam":1}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on", "on_intense":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_highbeam":{"simpleFunction":{"highbeam":1}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on", "on_intense":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_reverselight":{"simpleFunction":{"reverse":0.75}, "off":"van_lights", "on":"van_lights_on_intense"},
            "citybus_gauges":{"simpleFunction":{"lowhighbeam":0.6}, "off":"citybus_gauges", "on":"citybus_gauges_on"},

"signal_L":           {"simpleFunction":"signal_L",      "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "signal_R":           {"simpleFunction":"signal_R",      "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "checkengine":        {"simpleFunction":"checkengine",   "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "hazard":             {"simpleFunction":"hazard",        "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "battery":            {"simpleFunction":"battery",       "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "highbeam":           {"simpleFunction":"highbeam",      "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "parkingbrake":       {"simpleFunction":"parkingbrake",  "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "lowfuel":            {"simpleFunction":"lowfuel",       "off":"invis", "on":"decals_gauges"},
            "citybus_kneel":      {"simpleFunction":"kneel",     "off":"invis", "on":"citybus_decals_gauges_on"},
            "citybus_dooropen":   {"simpleFunction":"dooropen",  "off":"invis", "on":"citybus_decals_gauges_on"},
            "citybus_stoprequest":{"simpleFunction":"stoprequest","off":"invis", "on":"citybus_decals_gauges_on"},
            "citybus_rideheight": {"simpleFunction":"rideheight","off":"invis", "on":"citybus_decals_gauges_on"},

"citybus_transmission_DSP_P": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gear"}, "cmd":"gear=='P' and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_R": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gear"}, "cmd":"gear=='R' and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_N": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gear"}, "cmd":"gear=='N' and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_1": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==1 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_2": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==2 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_3": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==3 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_4": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==4 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_5": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==5 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
            "citybus_transmission_DSP_6": {"advancedFunction":{"triggers":{"":"gearIndex"}, "cmd":"gearIndex==6 and 1 or 0"},"off":"invis", "on":"citybus_transmission_DSP"},
        },
    As you can see here the lowbeam and highbeam are seperate and the taillight has lowhighbeam and brake.
    I believe 'lowhighbeam' because it emits with the same force between lights_on and lights_on_intense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice