[Need Help] swapping the D15 mirrors with another mesh but it just breaks (see video)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Rokzy rules, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

Well I was swapping the D15 mirror mesh for something else but the thing I replaced it with is completely out of place and doesn't stay in the same place see video :

Please help. Yes I'll try and edit the Jbeam said in advance for drowsy lel

#1 Rokzy rules, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Is the center of the mesh at (0,0)? If you want to move an object in blender, you should move the vertices of the object, do not move the object itself. (do not move the mesh in 'Object mode', but in 'Edit mode')

3. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

How do you centre the mesh ?

4. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

In Object mode, right click to select the object. Left click on the small '+' just left of the objects tree, and move it a bit left while pressing. Now you see 'Transform' and its location. These values under location should be all zero. If not, select them and make them zero one by one. Your object has probably moved, so now press tab to get in Edit mode. Press 'A' one or two times to select all vertices, and now press g and x,y or z to move in the direction of the respective axle. Tadaa. ;)

Maybe there's a more easy way, but this is the way I move the object around.

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

You haven't set location, rotation, and scale in your new parts. In Blender, highlight the new parts, press Ctrl+A, and apply those properties to each new part. I can't remember if you have to do each part separately or if you can do them all at once. Be careful not to reset the origins for the gauge needles and pedals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice