Need For Speed: Payback

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Jun 2, 2017.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Sadly i have to agree i loved the need for speeds but now there just not good anymore also why get the need for speed payback when you can have the better Horizon 3

2. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

If EA can't change the habit of letting the same retards (Blackbox/Ghost Games) shit out game after game it's never going to change. NFS has become giant a cash grab in the last years, hyped up before release with the promise that it's just like [Insert NFS game people like] but in the end it's nothing more than a mediocre racing game that fails to impress.

EA has become lazy this year, instead of only showing pretty render trailers they show the flawed gameplay over and over again... But what drives me insane are those diehard fans that defend the series in every way possible and buy NFS no matter what. They're the only reason the franchise still lives. They are showing EA that recycling the same shit over and over is good and also sells good.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just so they can have that overhyped 80s Corolla I guess..... As to why toyota does that... Money?

#222 Wild Hog, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I agree with all of your points regarding everything BUT the licensing..because as I looked into this whole thing more, I came across this pile of info.

Turns out that it's Toyota who are being the doofuses here, and not any game company. Here's a list of Toyotas from every single racing game coming out in 2017 (from the Forza forums, link here: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst101615p6_FM7---Toyota-Production-Cars-Rumor.aspx):

• Gran Turismo Sport [Polyphony Digital]: ONE Toyota road car in it - the 2015 86. While this list is neither official nor complete, it seems strange to me both games would have the same road car, and that's it.
    • Need for Speed Payback [EA/Ghost Games]: The list I found from AR12, so again, neither official nor complete, has ZERO Toyota models in it, however, IGCD supposedly found a GT86. Personally, I don't find it too convincing (especially as no badge is even shown) but I figured I'd put it here anyway.
    • The Crew 2 [Ubisoft/Ivory Tower]: There is no official car list as of yet, and this is still a work-in-progress, but IGCD lists ZERO Toyota models in it. For what it's worth though, the first game had no Toyotas in it either. Since neither The Crew's official website nor the The Crew Wiki had a completed list, I found this spreadsheet on the Ubisoft forums.

"In conclusion: Toyota doesn't seem to want to be doing business with anything but the GT86, at the moment at least, as most of these are still just works-in-progress."-xJonxMonx56

Also, some speculation from here (from BabySeal363):

"Now, what follows is entirely speculation on my part, and I hope every single word of it is wrong, as in 'dead wrong.'

It's almost like Toyota is going out of its way to make sure nobody sees the 90s Supra. Because you GOTTA have the Supra in your videogame, right? It's such an iconic car. Popular. Versatile. Good.

Since no sane racing videogame developing company would go out of their way NOT to have it, it has to be the manufacturer who has a problem. My hypothesis is that their behavior, however strange, is not irrational. They have their own reasons, though we may find them disagreeable.

So what could possibly be the cause of our predicament? What manner of marketing strategy would want to hide the 90s Supra from people that play videogames? If not in any videogame, where is the Supra? Where did it go?

Well, HERE is your Supra:
    https://www.carsguide.co...ng-on-nurburgring-56522

A NEW Toyota Supra is coming in 2018, the trademark has already been registered in US, Europe and Australia, and I swear it's almost like somebody seems to be concerned that it may not live up to the legend that was its predecessor, the one from two decades earlier, and the engine thereof. It's like Toyota wants the name Supra to be associated either with this new car, or with NO CAR.

Toyota appears to be running away from its own past because they think the future may not be able to compete with it.

And now you probably understand why I'm not too optimistic about Supra race cars (GT500, etc.) making it into any our games, either."

TL;DR: Toyota doesn't want to associate themselves with their old, great models of the past because they want to show only what's new in the company lineup (which is just strange), and because they fear that their new Supra won't be as fun to drive as the old Supras, which just doesn't make sense, as most games are unrealistic in terms of how they handle things.

Of course, it looks like only the GT86 will be coming to everything BUT Forza, but still....this is quite silly of Toyota to do this.

#223 DriftinCovet1987, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  4. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

1-EA is getting idiotic...
    2-A-NEW.SUPRA!?!?!?!?
    Me:
    upload_2017-8-29_13-6-54.jpeg
    I have faith it won't be a piece of non-sense ton
    --- Post updated ---
    Why's Payback's list a bit... void?

5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Yanno, if Toyota is so afraid that the new Supra won't live up to the old legend... why don't they put a fricking manual transmission in it like they're apparently don't want to? The old one was right at the top of the list of Cars That Should Never Be Automatic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

The old one was manual?

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

6MT or 4AT. The MT could handle ridiculous power output, but the AT was only good up to about 500 HP or so, at least from what I've heard, before it started to have problems.

8. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

The new M5 is also automatic only.... A german sports sallon automatic only.... That's pathetic. I mean I like BMW but with that they really fucked up.

I think they secretly know that their target audience isn't Germany where most people prefer manual, it's America and the Middle East and they don't appreciate manual transmissions because they're either too lazy or they can't drive without automatic (no offence, just saying).

9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The only ones who buy modern bmws here in germany are the ones working for bmw or idiots

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I could tell you which people buy modern skodas but let's not derail this thread any further, shall we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

6MT... it smells to drag racing*padded lol face*
    --- Post updated ---
    *Insert 5 seconds supra*

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

You know what else hit me, the thing with Need for Speed is that they hardly ever highlight the more "normal" end of car culture, and when they do it's usually the "urban" side. It's a game about racing and eluding the police, often on country roads, and yet not one title in the series has ever included an old pickup truck as a regular playable vehicle (the SVT Raptor doesn't count; it's too new and nice and expensive). My dream police-evasion vehicle isn't a Ferrari or Lamborghini, it's a 1973 Chevy C10 with a supercharged 454.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

There is a Chevrolet C10 Stepside pickup if you're interested, not sure if it's the truck you're exactly after, but it's a start.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I guess it counts, but part of me wants to say this entire game doesn't count due to the (presumably) cartoony physics. The whole thing with break-over "drift mode" (i.e. "Burnout-style") physics in games was fun at first but now it's getting massively played out.

#234 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  15. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Burnout has shitty physics and is funnier(lol)

16. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Me is interested...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

*Baby's first time having to check a "this thread is old" box*

Official launch trailer came out today. I've heard people say the physics aren't too bad, better than 2015 (which I never played). There is still a lot of things that I'm not a fan of, but maybe I could get over them. If only there was a demo...

Update: Origin access apparently gives a 10 hour demo. Too bad that is a subscription service...

#237 ManfredE3, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Does it come with a manual option from the start this time...?

19. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, this is a little of topic, but I can't help noticing after playing my pre-order of NFS: Payback and watching the preview for the WCUSA map, some parts seem a little similar.
    --- Post updated ---
    Like the suburbs or the outskirts of the city.

20. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I haven't watched much of payback. They have to have improved the handling alot for it to look good to me. I owned 2015 and the handling was atrocious. If the zig zag drifting is still in payback then it's not an good sign.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice