Need For Speed: Payback

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Jun 2, 2017.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah, handling is supposedly copied from 2015 due to a lack of development time. The cars still do the same bs auto drifting from 2015.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Dag nabbit.

3. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

This really looks like Asphalt 8:Airborne (which is a mobile game).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Welp, there goes any hope of me wanting to buy this game or having any hope of this having a bit of original character. It sounds so much like a GTA game, except with terrible handling physics. I like drifting, yes, but I also like going as fast as possible, and having auto drifting is an instant no-go in my dictionary, especially if it'll be of the gimmicky type. Whenever I drift, I prefer to do it old-school and in the way that it was intended to be used: low-angle, typically with little to no countersteer, and only to maximize speed through corners. Also, if the grip handling is the same as NFS 2015 (terrible), then that's even more of a no-go. I'm surprised that EA considered porting over one of the worst things about NFS 2015 to Payback, but that just goes to show how little EA actually cares about NFS.

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

NFS 2015 in a new map with the same awful handling and physics carried over..

I'm good thx.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I agree here. Burnout-style physics in which there is clearly a "drift mode", where if you go past a certain point, or hit the brake/parking brake in a turn, the car will start a drift and turn sharper while still maintaining speed or even accelerating (I refer to this as "tilt-in" or "breaking into a drift") are played out and need to stop. Even the original Burnout didn't have them quite the way we know them now. I much prefer the type of game where the back end comes around more naturally, more of itself, more the way it does in real life. The older Need for Speed games did this well. I don't remember Porsche Unleashed that well (my old computer lost some file it needs to run, probably my fault for ruining it with mods, and now I can't figure out how to fix it), but I do seem to remember that excessive longitudinal slip angle usually meant things had gone very wrong (which made sense, as most of the cars were MR, RR, or R-AWD). In Hot Pursuit 2, sliding would eat your momentum alive, and certain cars (mainly the low-class MR lightweights, the Speedster, VX220, and Elise) were almost impossible to get control of once the back end got away from you. I stopped playing Underground and Underground 2 because of some, uh, content, but I do remember that the physics, while somewhat more tolerant of sideways antics, still made clear that grip was the default state of a car in a corner, and that crazy tail wagging was a situational tactic at best.

These arcadey drifting games can be fun sometimes, but it just isn't as rewarding as a well-executed Finnish flick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. I actually have played some flash drifting game series called "Super Drift" by RumbleSushi3D, where I would magically be able to accelerate by drifting, sometimes to 200 miles per hour, and I'm like...."How does that even work?"

I seriously hate games that encourage drifting like this (even though Super Drift is a brilliant game series for a flash game). Gaining speed through drifting, even though that would never happen in real life? No, thanks.

8. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

What the hell happened to the Handling/Physics engine of NFS Rivals? LIke... if EA wanted to make a great game... they would have taken that and put it into their new NFS's and probably none of us would have minded in the slightest... How can they sit there and claim that this newer handling model is, in any way, "better"?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Why is it that now I actually like rivals?

10. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Because it's better than the titles that succeed it.

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Probably. It was actually pretty good. It's just that it felt a bit rushed.

12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I never really played it i played the opening and then forgot it the last ine i really played was mostwanted the newer one wich was quite good

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

HP was the best new one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

But way to short always loved that you could play the police in hot pursuit but porsche and the furst most wanted were definatly the best ones

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

High stakes and NFS III on the ps1 were awesome.

Also. If you want to know what insanity is, Google NFS ii mystic peaks. Hardest course in the series.

16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Havent played high stakes and nfs 3 but i really should try and get my hands on them espacially the ps1 version because i can play that the easiest do to my ps3

17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the ps1 versions were the best.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

WOW the ability to take junk cars, and fix them, Haven't we seen this before somewhere else? I'm not really a racing games type of person, I'm more into simulators (That's why I got BeamNG), but this seems awful. I'd rather play Forza_ than this.

19. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

We've been seeing this a lot more recently in driving games, especially Forza Horizon 3. That doesn't stop me from wanting something like that in the BeamNG career mode, as that would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

The barn find missions in Forza are fun. I like them, but this seems like it's just a bad rip off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice