My YouTube- RAYOANDJUSTIN

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Car crusher, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I thought I'd take the opportunity to gather some support for my YouTube channel- first I will provide a general outline. We started YouTube (me and my friend Justin) quite recently- June 23rd. We strive to bring our viewers consistent and quality content. We post at least once a week, playing a variety of games. It would be appreciated if you guys check out our channel and give us support.
    Have a nice day,
    Rayoandjustin
    some links:
    our channel:
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfJX26CqHgRl8S0DzIM9cOA
    Some titanfall:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JT34QgK1if0
    Some BeamNG
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9kZy363Cbg

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

--My opinion on the montages--
    While I do like the editing and the style of the BeamNG montage(s), the settings seem to be quite low, which isn't good for montages.
    The video is also in 480p, which again, is not so great.
    I have an idea though.
    Maybe you could get someone who can play on high(er) settings to record the footage and you can edit it.
    Just an idea though.
    I'd do it voulenteerly if you want me to.
    I could record in (up to) 1080p @ 60FPS @ medium to high settings with dynamic reflections in BeamNG
    You'd just have to tell me what to do in the videos and I'd do it.
    Like I said, I like the editing of the montage(s) but the settings are just to low for montages (IMO) .
    BTW, I only talked about BeamNG because that's the only game you have a video of that really intrests me, I don't really care about Titanfall and the others.
    ------------
    --Rating--
    If there still was the good ol' 5 star system, I'd give it 3.5 stars, since the low settings just aren't appealing to my eyes, and because they're only in 480p, which again, isn't that nice looking.
    If the settings were higher and the video would be in HD or higher it'd get 4.5 stars from me.
    -----------
    --Notes--
    If you do want me to record footage, message me on Steam, I should respond within Minutes if not immeadiatly (depending on the time it is for me)

3. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the feedback. For the beamNG montage I re rendered the video to be 2x to even 3x faster. Which explains why some may think that it's smooth. So we are migrating recording to my friends computer which is more powerful. I will also use a different recording software to record with higher fps at higher res.
    I will make sure to take your feedback into account :).

4. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Everything SuperNoob said is true but for me, I can't stand that music. The music just seemed to get repetitive really fast and it almost made me click away from the video. You want to chose music that isn't so repetitive. They still have more to improve but SuperNoob covered most of it. Keep working at it and you will get it :)

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

As for the Titanfall "Gameplay" video...

Never again...

Record the raw sound or it isn't game-play, don't edit/cut the video so much or it isn't "Gameplay"... It than becomes a montage with music poorly chosen and slapped on top.

And the BeamNG video, please refresh your music library, choose music that is on the electronic end of music, you've already done this, but use more interesting tracks with more sound and beats to it.

Use your music to keep the viewer engaged with your video content by using portions of the recording and edit clips to suit/sync the musics pace, drops, tempo, and transitions.

But use music as I've said, with more overall sound, more things going on.. a slow introduction in music to be used for a slow preview of a car up-close doesn't have to sound so boring and simplistic.

This one is personal but I'd prefer music that is electronic that has little or no vocals as that draws me out of the electronic feel.
    That is personal preference however and you can take that with a grain of salt if you like.

6. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

If I were to rate these videos from 1-10 it would look like this:

Titanfall: 3/10 Why? To me if I wanted to watch a Titanfall montage, I would have clicked on a video that said "Titanfall Montage" vs clicking on a video that said Titanfall gameplay. Also, this is a BeamNG.Drive forum so advertising Titanfall isn't the best idea since we aren't here for Titanfall.
    May I suggest http://titanfall-community.com/

As for the BeamNG.Drive montage, I would give it a solid 5/10 just because the quality is poor, the video is not synced to the music, and, as I already said, the music is not my "type." Do not take the criticism too harshly because there is always room for improvement in any channel. If you try harder and take our criticism into consideration, you will have yourself a great channel :)

If I rated your channel in general, I would give it a solid 6-7/10. You have potential, I see that in you. If you keep working and fix problems one at a time, you will have yourself one heck of a channel. Don't give up, don't get down because of this criticism, and most of all, keep working!

We only mean good with this criticism. PLEASE, don't take it too hard on yourself. Step up your game a little and go back out there to show what you can do. Don't be afraid to put all you have into every video, it will help you out in the end. Also, I have learned from experience, don't brag about how long you spent on a video (not saying you did! Just for the future). The amount of time you spend on a video does not determine how good the video is. You could spend a week on a video and it still might not be the best. Just keep your head up and keep up the great work :)

7. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Can you guys recommend any music?

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I have like 10 million songs that I like which are all from different genres and (mostly) copyright protected.
    If I had to summerize it quickly, Dubstep, Electronic stuff and pretty much each and every song that Insanegaz has used so far :p
    Than again, that's my personal taste of music, but I'd just do it like Insanegaz, by choosing the music that you like, not neccesairly the music your audience likes.

9. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I suggest going here for music. http://nocopyrightsounds.co.uk/

It has all of your Electronic, Progressive, Dubstep music. This is where I get my music.

10. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

This is an okay song :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOc0jT-VzBw&list=RDEBdcepo6aJc&index=5

if you are going to make a BeamNG video, when recording this, ask the question "Why would people click on my video and not another?" and "What content that this video contains that other don't? Why should they watch mine over the other videos?" There are over 100 hours of content uploaded a hour to YouTube, so... stand out!

Anyone can make an high quality video, but it takes someone special to make an entertaining one :D

11. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Well since I don't want to make a new thread, and I thought it'd be interesting to compare myself now with myself back then, I thought I'd revive this thread with some of my newer videos, please provide feedback :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice