1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

My videocard isn't loading for 100%

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by wiad7, Jan 14, 2021.

1. BonnieSFMXD

BonnieSFMXD
    Expand Collapse

The difference between temperature sure is low, but at 90 its where it starts to damage it, it doesn't matter if it's low, at 90 degrees it's where it starts to damage, ofc it depends on the GPU, just like the example:
    Yea the difference within 98 degrees and 100 degrees is almost none, but water starts do evaporate at 100 degrees and nothing less, just like hardware.

And yes 85 degrees is within acceptable range, it's working, it's not damaging my GPU and that's fine, it's just not a good temperature.

To make you understand, Draw a line at 90 degrees, above that it's damaging the card. 85 degrees is bad, but it's not damaging the card and that means it's acceptable

Here, my card, it's a blower, make for one and only propose, to redirect the hot air to the back (where the vga, hdmi etc is) and that's what causes it to be so hot, and that's fine, it's made for these hot temperatures and for that one reason it's made for small cases where you wouldn't want hot air to go to the motherboard so redirecting it to the back makes it easier.
    --- Post updated ---
    That sure is weird, maybe since italy is so big it's causing it to become CPU intensive, that can happen too, but don't worry with that, it's at 70% and you can't change it, ur fps it's at the maximum it can be, lower the resolution/graphics and see what happens

#21 BonnieSFMXD, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. Mili 2

Mili 2
    Expand Collapse

No one should be this confident while knowing so little about something.
    This is literally a default of massive majority of Nvidia GPU's.

You can use proprietary software to increase the Temp. limit but at 95 Your GPU WILL SHUT DOWN.
    And at default settings of 83 IT WILL START TO THROTTLE.

Also if You're running reference gpu it will be hot af. especially if You don't clean it often.
    I'd try showing You thermal throttling but my 1070 won't go past 70 on on full synthetic load after 10 minutes

For the record it is incredibly hard on a normal setup to even reach 85 degrees, that's usually reserved for extreme overclocks, gaming laptops (which usually share the heatsink with the CPU) or other closed systems that push things to extreme cutting the hardware's lifespan dramatically in the process to squeeze little to no performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BonnieSFMXD

BonnieSFMXD
    Expand Collapse

My Gtx 1060 ís brand new man, i have it for like 4 months, i'm the first owner, since it was new it reaches 82 - 85 degrees, if you look at stats from my gpu it will be at those temperatures, you are literally saying All GPU are like this because yours is like this, just look at the numbers, it's normal, just do some research, 85 degrees is standard heavy load temperature, it is thermal throttling, but it's not noticeable, i've never noticed any difference from fps with my gpu at idk 75 to 85. You are acting so fucking dumb, do you even know what blower style is? IT IS made to run at hotter temperatures, it's made for poor airflow places.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice