My Summer Car

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Fender_Bender, Jun 25, 2015.

1. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

This game..

be drunk before playing because such rage. Is this actually the Finnish experience?

2. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Probably...
    OT: I got the game and while restoring the malformed-Skyline, the phone rang and it exploded on me.

3. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I haven't experienced explosions when answering the phone, I have experienced a few annoying permadeath stuff:

• Teenage Finnish hooligan comes around the corner at like 40 mph and boom, head on collision; Dead after I built my engine
    • Died of dirtiness WHILE trying to use the sauna after BUILDING THE WHOLE CAR SMH
    That's it so far lol. This game is otherwise hilarious

4. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If you drive the van straight to a tree at a very slow speed, it will also kill you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I noticed that too. That happened early on in my experience so I didn't care much.

6. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Happened 6 times in my experience... admittedly I wasn't going slow but still annoying to die like that after spending so much time driving and after that I just gave up on the whole game, it just pisses me off and eats away all my time while I spend way too long trying to get certain peices of the engine on without even knowing if they are even ready to go on, its just tedious and annoying and if you can never get anything done(like building the engine or find the store) it just makes the whole game feel shallow and makes you feel like you are wasting your life, and there are few games that make me feel like that as much as my summer car, I actually tend to like games that make me depressed and whatnot but seriously this is too much.

7. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The game is still very fun though, i once pissed on the guys at the pub and drove the truck straight to the van once.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Not fun if you are never able to get anything done or even just get some food and instead just die over and over and over again...

9. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Then learn to drive safely and save periodically, when at store, when at home.

The game is otherwise awesome and even tho it has some bugs i enjoy it really much.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to deal with the cops properly? I drove by at 80km/h thinking I'd be alright, but I guess the little speed sign the guy's holding up says something else so they went after me. I tried pulling over, but the cop rear-ended me and pushed me off the road where I rolled over. By the time I fumbled my way out of the van, the cop was nowhere in sight.

Awesome game btw :) Bought it as soon as I saw this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

advise get the bloke at the services to tune your car fucking with valves and badly usually

12. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Thunder storms are amazing in this game. Really neat. Realistic lightning and the closer it is the brighter and louder the thunder is. Drive gear fell out on my way to the shop. That was fun searching for it laying on the road.

You're supposed to stop at the officer with the sign. It says stop. Get out (pull your car off the road! You'll get hit by AI otherwise) and walk up to the cop with the sign and he'll pull out a breathalyzer. You give him the test and you'll be on your way if you haven't been drinking.

It's sitting at the shop now. I like driving the muscle car. Eats gas like mad tho. Drive back to my house took an 8th of a tank.

Attached Files:

• 20161028025427_1.jpg
    • 20161030021601_1.jpg
    • 20161028025446_1.jpg
    • 20161031040255_1.jpg
    #32 CTJacob, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I tried again and got pulled over successfully this time (no crashing) and got a ticket saying "Pysähtymiskäskyn noudattamatta jättäminen," which translated to "Failure to comply with command." I was about to ask what that meant, but you answered first. I assumed it was a speed trap since we don't have breathalyzer checkpoints where I live.

14. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

that's further than ive mad in that pile the muscle car is slidy as hell
    I usually end up in the mud near the shop

15. sam9

sam9
    Expand Collapse

Oh no
    My bladder burst when I turned the ignition key

• Like Like x 1
  16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I think the physics still need just a bit of attention, I had just got the hatchback's engine in the car, and I was taking the Monaco to town to get fluids, food, beer and gas. Left from there, got maybe a mile down the road and the rear end decided to pass the front end for no apparent reason, and the non-linear steering phucked me, I steer all I want and by the time the in-game steering wheel catches up to the G27, I'm already dead.

Perma-death wasn't on, but now my car, and (Currency)1200 worth of stuff is in the woods off the side of the highway somewhere on the north side of the map, and I'm at the house with the vacuum truck tractor, and not yet running hatchback.

I also learned you can unplug the phone to shut it up.

#36 Peterbilt, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  17. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I also find it's way too easy to damage your car with shopping bags and whatnot. I keep pushing the roof outwards getting in and out of the vehicle. I keep dying though so it doesn't really matter for the long run :p

18. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

It doesnt matter who you are
    It doesnt matter what you drive
    The green car will find you
    And he will kill you

• Like Like x 2
  19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

He usually does a pretty good job of wrecking himself, I usually see it once, then the next time I see it, it's stuck in a ditch.

• Like Like x 1
  20. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I was driving and i saw him in my lane so i swerved and looked in my mirror and see cars flying in the air xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice