Outdated My Reshade config

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Brother_Dave, Jan 20, 2018.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I have never downloaded a reshade before so I'm slightly confused how it works... so forgive me for asking dumb questions.

First of all, is that the only folder I need to install or do I also need one from a couple pages back to make it work?
    Secondly, where can in-game post effects be found? Are they off by default?

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Heres the instructions from page 1, post 1. The only thing to keep track of here is what version of Reshade ive used with what preset. In the instructions youll see version 308 (3.0.8) but its the same install procedure for all so far. Im currently using version 3.4.1 and it can be found a few pages back.

Complete installation instructions for first time users:

1. Install Reshade by opening the Reshade 308 exe-file and clicking Select Game, go to your Bin64-folder, mines at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64 . There you select the "BeamNG.drive.x64"-exe/application

2. Make sure Direct 3D 10+ is selected and install.

3. Now you can start Beamng to make sure Reshade is installed correct. Youll see a bar at top and when its done loading you can access the Reshade window by hitting Shift+F2.

You can start a tutorial by following the red instructions but what i did now was just closing the Reshade window and exited Beamng.

4. Then i unzipped my Clueless-zip into the Bin64, so that the files in the Reshade-shaders-folder in the zip overwrote the one existing. This will also mean that the Test.ini is unzipped into the Bin64-folder.

5. Then i started Beamng and waited for Reshade to load all the shaders, then i hit Shift+F2.

6. Shit was still red but other than that i could now find my preset in the roll list, i chose it and behold, it loaded up and was activated!

(I pressed continue on all the red fields to get rid of them, it didnt have any impact on my preset.)

7. After that i chose what key i wanted to use to activate/deactivate Reshade, i chose 'END'.
    --- Post updated ---
    Right, if youre looking for the latest one, that i posted screens from in the Community Screenshots thread then its not out yet, might port it to Reshade 4.0 since that has come out by now.

About the In-game PostFx, should be in your Graphics settings but you might have to choose "Custom" for the button to appear, itll show up right above the Dynamic Reflections settings. Youll see a PostFx window, with a tick box in the corner, i usually make sure ive ticked it once and then untick it. Hit Save, and done. Also, i use In-game Anti Aliasing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

Ive noticed that the reshade shaders aren't loading in unless the menu is open after the 0.15 update. I dont know if thats something to do with the update/reshade itself or what, but it is a little bothersome. I can somewhat remedy it by shrinking the menu window as small as possible and dragging it to the corner, but whatre your thoughts?

Using reshade 3.4 and cantgetbetter from the last page or two.

4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like an issue i used to have with a certain shader, it caused all other shaders to turn off unless the window was opened. I dont have this problem now though. Could be your installation only. Ill probably release another one in a short while, hopefully updating the Reshade version used to 4.0.something. Meanwhile, have you tried another preset of mine, if the behaviour is the same then its your Beamng installation and not a Reshade-BeamNG conflict :)

5. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

I see that it sets all the qualities up, but will it lag me? I have a Lenovo Laptop with a Core i3.

6. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Yes it will.

7. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Try PostFX mods instead, they have minimal/no impact on performance :)

8. kentkenny

kentkenny
    Expand Collapse

looks realistic and awesome.;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crispy06

Crispy06
    Expand Collapse

maybe for your next reshade, mix it with clueless and the natural lighting hmmm

10. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Without seeing this comment ive made a new Reshade preset for my Alternative (changed name from Natural due to reasons) lighting for Italy. Why im back on Reshade is that ToneMapping or rather ingame HDR is broken and doesnt sound like itll return in good shape for a while.
    Ill probably release this as a package but we'll see. Its probably similar to clueless but hard to say since im uisn the Alternative Lighting mod. Will be back with updates :)

11. Beam NG Driver

Beam NG Driver
    Expand Collapse

My game won´t start when ReShade is installed. Running version 16.0.1 of BeamNG

12. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I read somewhere in the 0.16 comments thread that Reshade didnt work now. The solution was possibly the same as the black screen issue-fix. Go to your My Documents/Beamng.drive folder, settings folder, game-settings.ini and look for the cefWorkaroundsomething-line (at the bottom i think) and set it to True. Has to do with the new way the UI is done for it to work at 2000hz. This means your UI will now be as 'slow' as before but Reshade will work. Please come back and tell me if it did work, havent installed Reshade again (yet) since the update cause life IRL is steaming ahead.

13. Quattrovalvole

Quattrovalvole
    Expand Collapse

setting the cefworkaround thing to true and renaming dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll worked for me in 0.16

#313 Quattrovalvole, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. Beam NG Driver

Beam NG Driver
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the late reply, missed the email notification.
    It worked, now i can play BeamNG with ReShade! Thank you.

15. George Wickham

George Wickham
    Expand Collapse

it won't work for me, the menu just lags so bad I can't even click anything. and as I don't really know much about computers here are my specs (in case its not powerful enough):
    CPU: is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @3.8ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb
    GPU: Evga GTX 970
    [I think it might be RAM bc on the menu it was pretty much using all of it]

16. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Hello and welcome to the forums :)

As a result of new UI improvements reshade does not usually work anymore.

I would instead recommend you consider downloading a PostFX preset instead, as these have next to no performance impact and are easy to install.

The creator of this Reshade has also created a realistic lighting PostFX preset, however as it is still WIP installation instructions are a little confusing: https://www.beamng.com/threads/beamng-alternative-lighting.60343/

Car_Killer’s PostFX preset is another good alternative: https://www.beamng.com/threads/better-postfx-mod-v3-revisited-by-car_killer.13913/

(I should also note that you can improve UI performance by enabling UI hardware acceleration in settings, although it is an experimental feature so it’s not guaranteed to work for everyone)

#316 CN877, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. George Wickham

George Wickham
    Expand Collapse

how do i delete it?

18. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Delete what? This Reshade preset or Reshade itself?

19. Boxed_Potatoes

Boxed_Potatoes
    Expand Collapse

help when I install reshade my game gets really laggy I have a 1070 ti and it has never lagged like this in the menu screen or in game ( cant even get into a level cause its so laggy) pls help

20. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Reshade is not compatible with hardware acceleration on UI (as reshade is a 3rd party program)

Consider downloading a PostFX preset instead :)
    (I linked some a few posts above)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice