1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

My new Computer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarlRyker, Apr 29, 2014.

1. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

I will be making a new computer in May and I am wondering how it would run drive and if you think the parts are good or not. I have done 3 weeks of research and reading of reviews to get it to these parts, I would like to keep the computer under 550$ (-Peripherals).

My Parts are

CPU: AMD X4 760K 3.8GHz (I Will Overclock to 4.0) 90$

GPU: AMD Radeon 6670 2GB 85$

Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB GDDR3 (1 x 8) 70$

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 Micro ATX FM2 48$

Case: Rosewill FBM-01 Micro ATX Mini Tower Case 36$

All of that plus OS, PSU, Optical Drive, and the Hard Drive is about:

525$

So leave any suggestions for changes below and I will take them into account. ;)

Also, I play a lot of other games than Drive, so don't make this perfect for Drive.

I just want a computer that runs Drive without getting 25 fps on lowest to low on 720p(What I currently run Drive at... :().

#1 KarlRyker, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

3. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no idea about the cpu, but the gpu should be fine (i have a friend who maxes beamng out with that card (idk if he has postfx or not though) with 80 fps)

4. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

There's no CPU close enough to mine, according to cpubenchamrk.com, The X2 215 is way worst than mine and it runs it at 70, so that's a great step up.

The i7 870 is better than mine and gets 150, this is great news to me, it looks like I will run it at 90-110 lowest settings D-series!

On lowest settings on grid I get 40 fps with the d-series for my Q6600

- - - Updated - - -

Great news, thank you. :eek:

5. ItaliAsian

ItaliAsian
    Expand Collapse

6. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, maxing out BeamNG.Drive with an HD 6670 and 80 FPS. Sure.

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

with postFX off i could kind of see it happening (as postFX is what causes performance drops gpu wise for most people) when he comes on skype i'll have him get some screens

8. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

The video card you selected isn't much better, and people are saying it's fine, also, I prefer AMD, always have.

The processer, according to Cpubenchmarks.com, is barely better than the one I want to get.

The ram is only 4 gigs, and the motherboard only has two slots, so if I wanted to upgrade I would need to get new ram all together.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

brand bias is not a good thing when it comes to building pc's :/

10. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

I have always used Intel CPUs before but I though I would try AMD this time, but, you have to understand that I am only biased because of the fact that I have NEVER used Nvidia hardware before. ;)

11. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

It's not brand bias when AMD does better video cards and Intel does better processors.

12. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for being on my side, and I don't hate AMD, Nvidia, or Intel.
    I just think AMD makes good video cards, Intel makes good CPUs and AMD makes cheap but still reasoanable CPUs

Also, 99th Post, I DON'T WANNA BE SENIOR MEMBER, SO I WILL NEVER POST AGAIN! jk....

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

it doesn't matter about performance, it's still preference/bias/whatever, even if said persons preference is better than the other choices

14. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

I agree

....and, 100th POST, I would like to thank the academy, and logoster for making a post I could reply to, I would also like to thank my family and both of my two friends on the BeamNG forums (Bubbleawsome and HoldenBoy). I am finally a Senior Member after 8 months of being on the forums and going on the forums for 3+ hours a day, I just don't post that often. I hope my contributions to the forums have been nice and I hope I can get another 100! :cool:

15. ItaliAsian

ItaliAsian
    Expand Collapse

If you plan on upgrading in the future socket 1150 or am3+ would be a better upgrade path than fm2+. If you are only going to be gaming you wont need more than 4gb of ram, but in the new parts list i added a mobo that has 4 ram slots for when you want to upgrade. This parts list is all AMD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3AXsG

16. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

A 750 is quite a bit stronger than a 6670. I don't care what you go with. I'm just putting that out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this guy.

17. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

These are suggestions I can work with, but I think I will stick with the 6670. I do like the look of the 6300 though.

18. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

DO NOT BUY THAT CASE

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS DKUTCH

NO

I made the mistake of getting the FBM-01... No. Hellllllllllllll no. It is the worst hunk of scrap iron and cheap plastic ever to be called a PC case. Cable management? Ha. No, It has none. The power light is obnoxiously bright. You cant fit a 212 Evo in it. Its too cramped for good airflow. And you NEED an aftermarket cooler on that CPU. If you get something like the 212 evo, 5.0 ghz easily. Love the athlon 760's.

Also, youre going to be disappointed for $550. You cant get any good equipment for that, and you really should save up about $800 before you even try to build.

19. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your insight, I will change cases, do you have any to recomend for 45$ or less, And I don't want to max the game settings out, I just want to run medium at 30 fps...

20. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

For $<50 cases I always go with the NZXT Phantom 210. Lots of features, quality construction, but only $40.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice