Released Mount Akina pass/touge [0.21 UPDATE FIX]

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by BeamDrifter, May 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. driftina40

driftina40
    Expand Collapse

here is what is happening when I load up the map

Attached Files:

• mountakinanotloading.png
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

It appears the Tstatics aren't loading. Can you take a screenshot of the console so I can confirm it.
    You can open the console by pressing ~ (the blue one in the image below)
    tilde.jpg

3. Tpants

Tpants
    Expand Collapse

ill enjoy taking my ae86 down this

4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

While listening to Eurobeat?

5. Fujiwara's Takumi

Fujiwara's Takumi
    Expand Collapse

Although I won't blame you for porting it, the person who made it clearly knows nothing about this road. By looking at the air view/layout of the track, one could assume it is accurate to real life. However, this couldn't be any further from reality. In this version of Mount Haruna, the road is extremely narrow, flat, and the colours and general aura of the track is wrong. It doesn't feel like you are on a mountain, rather, it feels like a flat plain. The textures may be life-like, but they do not accurately represent how this track looks in reality. In the game, the textures are a bit weird but generally ok. Because the steepness is not accurately represented, this track features some sections which are amazingly stretched out. It overall looks too dark, and because it is surrounded by trees, you can't really see the cliffs or Shibukawa city. This route of Haruna, which is called Route 33, also known as Yaseone, is wider, steeper, and shorter. The Initial D Arcade version is slightly more accurate than this one, but because some of it is exaggerated, it cannot be used as a perfect reference either. If someone knows how to make tracks, please tell me. I want to try making this one and another one in Shizuoka called Turtle Rock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sainther

sainther
    Expand Collapse

This was completely unnecessary

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fujiwara's Takumi

Fujiwara's Takumi
    Expand Collapse

Was it?
    --- Post updated ---
    Can't I have an opinion?

8. sainther

sainther
    Expand Collapse

yes, yes it was and yes you can have your own opinion but there was just no need for you to post an entire 7 line paragraph on how the creator of this map didn't make it 100% accurate on every little detail, was there, no there was not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking this was just an Assetto Corsa port.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that you could get best results by using Blender and Nurbs curves with Array modifier, adapt what is in link to roads:
    http://jayanam.com/blender-array-and-curve-modifier-tutorial/

Number of copies in array modifier defines how long piece of road will be, you can see how I have made just tiny piece of road, mirrored and then copied it using mirror and array modifier, then curve modifier is what makes that straight piece to become curved road, curve modifier takes Nurbs path and bends array copied road to that path shape:
    upload_2019-11-21_8-16-4.png upload_2019-11-21_8-17-31.png

upload_2019-11-21_8-20-42.png
    I did need to rotate parts to get it all work as first curve modifier seemed to do nothing, but after rotating road it did start to work perfectly, very easy to shape road precisely how you want, just drag points of curve, e to extrude more points from end of curve and then reshape.

Using this method you can get a lot more road surface details modeled in and lot more accuracy than when using decal roads and terrain in game's internal editor.

One could then build terrain in Blender too and render as heightmap or craft terrain inside game's editor, or one can build road side elements like guardrail etc. in Blender using curves modifier, some grass and forest might be possible to put down same way I guess.

There are some tutorials in content creation section of forum, check sticky threads too, which might help with getting started with the tools and youtube etc. are filled with Blender tutorials, there is no direct answers or easy one step solutions though, one needs to learn needed skills from several sources.

Eventually it is rewarding to be able to craft your own world and see your own vision of the world to become reality, but at first it can be frustrating when everything is confusing, my tip is to keep things simple, focus on one thing like getting road shape in first for example, ignore textures etc. at first.

Also there is this which teaches some different methods, but you can learn how to get started with it, remember you don't follow all from tutorials, you just take what you need, adapt it to your way of working and create your own ways, tutorials are never giving you full answer, more like they are ways to find answers you need https://beamng.com/threads/highly-recommended-modding-tutorial-series.55534/

Never follow a tutorial, always craft your own and just use skills from tutorials to craft your own, that is how you actually learn best, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sainther

sainther
    Expand Collapse

it is just with the fake trees taken away and physical ones added

12. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

I wonder where the Assetto Corsa track mod got the model from, because it's disappointing how the consecutive hairpins don't have gutters.

13. sainther

sainther
    Expand Collapse

well in Assetto they do but the 'gutters' didn't really transfer over because its meant for Assetto vehicles not BeamNG vehicles so they don't work

14. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

The only issue with this map is there seems to be an invisible wall about 6 inches away from the guardrails so it's difficult to judge corner exit. It doesn't sound like much but it gets annoying.

15. Xeno

Xeno
    Expand Collapse

the model is originally from a super old Rfactor 1 mod that has never been updated and no one has bothered to make a new model thats atleast somewhat accurate

16. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if it'd be maybe possible to get a new model, maybe from Arcade Stage 8: Infinity or the new Zero and Zero Ver. 2 series.
    Arcade Stage 8 seems more probable because it's emulatable and you can probably screw with game files if you knew what you were doing.

17. CharlesCal6226

CharlesCal6226
    Expand Collapse

actual that i think is possible and theres another AC akina with deeper gutters on youtube, just search up Assetto Corsa gutter run and go to the video with the AE86 in the gutter and go into the comments, theres a download link in there

18. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

I use that one on AC. I think the gutters are a little too deep but yeah it's pretty good. I can't figure out how to gutter run though, and I suck at drifting in AC so I just keep spinning out or crashing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. vmarks

vmarks
    Expand Collapse

very good

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HelsTR

HelsTR
    Expand Collapse

If someone could port the layout of this one so that it doesn't feel that flat over the already existent... I quite much preffer in general terms the decoration and feeling of the other Mt. Akina, instead of having all that signals of checkpoint and such, but I have to admit that having an actual downhill with some slopes, specially in certain harpines to do better the kansei dorifto, is extremely pleasuring to do so.

And just in case you wanna see how the real track looks, if someone wants to do it...

That's the real mt. haruna. As you can see, hairpins tend to be clear of trees and such, and as I said, the layout has more pronounced slopes, wich actually add a lot to the driving feeling. And don't get confused, I really appreciate having the rfactor port, but having a closer to real life (even if it is not exact) specially with the downhill feeling instead of feeling that plain, it would be a blast, so if someone wants to work something, there you have the two videos. :p

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice