Most realistic crash in most realistic racing simulator

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fufsgfen, Jan 28, 2017.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I had a good laugh, that was over 200kph to wall and what happened?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG.drive is by far, the most realistic vehicle sim, so this is essentially the community screenshots thread, but whatever. You should rename it to "Crashes in anything but Beam" or something like that.
    OT- on phone :(

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

SLRR has quite nice crashes and not only to desktop :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reece Donaldson

Reece Donaldson
    Expand Collapse

I now know that I can safely drive at 200kmph thank you :)

5. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Well, technically the extreme acceleration (From 200kph to 0 in 0.1 seconds, that is an acceleration of approximately 556 m/s^2, which is equivalent to 56 Gs) could kill you. If not that, your head slamming into the dashboard at 200kph will do the job :p

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Someone might also think that there should be at least little denting in a car, but instead speed just goes away and at best engine shuts off, if you are incredible lucky, maybe bumper falls off (completely intact). Often crashing two cars to each other has equally dramatic results, cars just stop on place.

I would think that 200kph to 0 there might of been even less than 0.1 seconds, reminds me of Test Drive 2.

7. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me this is even more realistic

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, at least those attempt to roll, with very poor results that is :D

9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Reallistic visual damage isn't really that necessary in racing simulators like Rfactor. As for mechanical damage, Assetto Corsa has the best approach IMO, where you can bend your suspension arms, mess up your steering etc. from hard crashes, even though visually the car will not deform like it would in BeamNG.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Opinions differ here, it is like game graphics, for one that is more important to get immersed that for other, same happens with visual damage. My opinion is that dented bumpers and body panels are what makes race cars to be race cars, result of hit, bump etc. need to be very close to reality for racing to be thrilling exciting experience.

I would understand no damage in flysim better than in racing sim, but that is just my opinion, there are so many opinions on this that at least I find it rather impossible to say what really is needed. I know my Rfactor collects dust, again one thing bought based on hype and reality seems to be quite different from the hype. For me it appears to be about same as those manager simulators (football manager, formula manager and what there are of those), lot of numbers and maybe even little animation that represents some action, but it is not the movement of cars that is focus there, again I'm sure many see it differently, they can because it is different world for each individual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice