1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

More detailed question about Driving Force GT input

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by RedBolide, Aug 4, 2013.

1. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

I've followed the wiki as accurately as I could, and used the Driving Force GT input (by Michael Wittman) as the input map. It still doesn't seem to be working. I believe I missed a step or typed something wrong, so here's what I did.
    1. I downloaded the input file from Michael, renamed it to match the GUID, and placed it in the "inputmaps" folder.
    2. I relaunched BeamNG with the steering wheel on.
    3. Nothing happens.
    I don't understand the third step in the wiki. Why do I need to find that particular area if I can't directly edit it? What does that do? Sorry if this is a really obvious question. I just really want to use my steering wheel.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: I found the location of step 3, but it looks like it has a bunch of errors. What does this mean? There seems to be missing files.
    asdf.jpg

Attached Files:

• 9hXy3D5.jpg
    #1 RedBolide, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

I have tried setting everything up again, and it still failed. I'm not sure how to fix it. Does anyone know?

3. Summerfriend

Summerfriend
    Expand Collapse

You do not edit that part in 3rd step, you need to take the information you find from the log/console into your inputmap.

However, this is as far as I can help you - I am having the same problem of inputmap not working.

4. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

Alright. Thanks for the response. I'll keep working at it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice