Released Mitsubishi Mirage/Colt recreation, or the Hirochi Mistral 1.1.4

The Covet-fighter for a new generation of Covet-buyers

1. Kajzer

Kajzer
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad you like it! The car damage is currently not finished yet, but it's meant to deform the car on spawn to make it appear trashed and damaged, so you can drive around in a junkyard car. Right now it only deforms the exhaust tip a little, but I'll add more in future updates.

The swaybar is connected, it's just that the car needs to have a soft rear suspension. If the swaybar was hard, a wheel could get lifted up and break traction, leading to the car oversteering and spinning out even more than it does now.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Tripod
    Tripod

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sebq

Sebq
    Expand Collapse

I tested nice mod 10/10 and my some ideas: (window louver, scoop hood,stock dual exu bumper for V6,window tint,laptop on passager seat,aftermarket car audio, cut catalysator exustas)
    and maybe add to wood premium trim A/C button, old and beater conf and 1.7-1.9 diesel :D

#203 Sebq, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  4. EN07Z

EN07Z
    Expand Collapse

this is epic, I love the Colt

5. Micheal OHV

Micheal OHV
    Expand Collapse

Finally! A mitsubishi Colt V Mod! Thank you kajzerka

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Idk how you have done it but this literally feels like a vanilla car. Amazing job! Some small nitpicks:
    • Right seat is extremely wobbly, because it only attaches to the right side of the floor, while the left attaches to both.
      dfsd.png
    • Some stress in the back of the floor caused by these beams being duplicated. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems though, except maybe this could be the cause of the spiking that happens there.
      asddffs.png
    • Shock tower attach beams are all duplicated. First they are in one big "shock tower attach" section, then separately in "front shock tower attach" and "rear shock tower attach". That makes the shock towers quite stressed and much easier to deform than on vanilla cars.
    • The orbit camera is in a weird position, this could be just my personal preference but seems too low and too close to the front.
    • There are no collision triangles on the rear windows, that is by far the biggest problem, you should definitely fix that
    That's all I found by messing with the car, really none of these are game-breaking issues. This is a very high quality mod overall and not too far off from vanilla cars. It doesn't have any of the problems that are commonly found on other mods which is a big positive surprise.
    Also, I have absolutely no idea how you managed to make the moving shifter look so smooth and realistic, I mean I get the LUA and Jbeam behind it, but how did you make it that the model flexes so smoothly and there isn't any stretching with it??? And another amazing thing: the racing interior, it looks so good and and everything in it is thought out well, overall the whole interior is good with great customization too! And lastly the car is fun to drive, especially the high powered versions, they have snap oversteer that is somehow controllable on keyboard with the use of handbrake and it won't spin out as easy as other similar cars in game. Great job on this mod!

• Like Like x 5
  7. NeX_25

NeX_25
    Expand Collapse

A little diesel engine would be awesome for this car

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SubaruPenguin

SubaruPenguin
    Expand Collapse

I KNOW!

9. Kajzer

Kajzer
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that's a lotta stuff I missed! Thanks for reporting those bugs, I'm gonna try to push out a bugfix update later today with those issues hopefully fixed.
    For the shifter, I think it's just it's small size that's reducing the deformation - you can see that the long stick in the Satsuma mod deforms more, even though it's the same jbeam-wise and lua-wise. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's not the size, there must be some other trick to it, I tried animating a vanilla shifter and that also didn't go well. it could be polyflow maybe?

11. Sebq

Sebq
    Expand Collapse

I saw same problem with seat

12. Testiercactus94

Testiercactus94
    Expand Collapse

Hello, this mod is absolutely epic mate! Really high quality, just fantastic.
    One question though, everyone is commenting about how the gearstick moves but mine has no movement at all. It it meant to change gears with the car? Is it for the manual or sequential? Mine just has zero movement.
    Sorry to bother you with a silly question,
    thanks in advance

Edit: BTW, the hydraulic handbrake moves when I apply it so I wonder what's up with the gearstick
    Edit 2: I have noticed there is no starter motor sfx.

#212 Testiercactus94, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  13. NeX_25

NeX_25
    Expand Collapse

It works with my H Shifter and i have starter motor sfx

14. Kajzer

Kajzer
    Expand Collapse

That's weird, could you say which gearstick doesn't work for you? The stock 5-speed gearstick is meant to move, but the race 6 speed one is stationary for now, so that might explain the issue if you're using the race one. If it is the one that's meant to move, then maybe try reloading the car and lua, using ctrl+r and ctrl+l. If it doesn't work, then maybe try clearing your cache files. Hope this works!

15. Testiercactus94

Testiercactus94
    Expand Collapse

Aha after a bit of fiddling I've found it out now! The race dashboard one doesn't move but the stock dashboard gearstick does move right? That's what's happening right now. Thanks for helping me and thanks for making this brilliant mod :D

16. Kajzer

Kajzer
    Expand Collapse

Yup, exactly like that. You're welcome :)

17. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

also, i dont wanna sound like im nagging or pestering, obviously im completely fine with the answer being no, but at some point in development i remember there was talk of a rhd/jdm version coming eventually - is that still planned?

18. Emil11001100

Emil11001100
    Expand Collapse

this is the best mod in the world!
    screenshot_2022-08-16_15-33-32.png
    and my favorite mod now!
    looks really good!
    and has alot of details!
    --- Post updated ---
    screenshot_2022-08-16_15-37-09.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. plasticbodypanels

plasticbodypanels
    Expand Collapse

ohh its not damage to the lights!! thats what i thought it meant.. oops - thats a pretty good idea though with it spawning with damage, excited to see what you can do with it :D

20. Kajzer

Kajzer
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it is in the plans - either in an update, or in a JDM expansion pack me and Kueso would make. I don't know when it will happen, but I'm sure it will come some time in the future.

• Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice