Metric Gauges

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JFXAM, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JFXAM

JFXAM
    Expand Collapse

First of all. Yes. I know that most cars in BeamNG have both MPH and KPH on the dashboard, but the issue is that the metric readings are soo small that I can't take a good read of the speed without straining my eyes zooming in (and not seeing the road).

However I've noticed that in the ETKs you can change the dashboard between Imperial and Metric using the components menu. I (and I'm sure a lot of people as well) would love if this could be done with the other cars.

One last thing; before anyone goes "but thoose are american made cars" or "They are mainly sold in the US", let me tell you that american and asian made cars (Ford Fiesta, Ford Mustang, Subaru Impreza, just to name a few) are sold on european countries as well, and the dashboard doesn't come with both measurements, only KPH.

2. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

you can make is so you can see the UI gauges can be seen in interior view

3. JFXAM

JFXAM
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I know, but it ruins the inmersion, don't you think? I'm thinking about buying the HTC Vive, and Beam is one of the games I'm dying to try. Can you imagine seeing a speedometer floating in mid air?

Besides, if it's an option on the ETK, why not on the rest?

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Properly added official export versions of some vehicles is certainly high on my BeamNG.Drive wishlist, but it isn't as simple as swapping the gauge cluster and mirroring the interior. Most export versions also have changes made to lights and safety features at minimum, sometimes aesthetics as well. Changes aren't always complete either, the Euro spec Mustang has RHD but not everything was mirrored.

Having a metric gauge cluster as an option without being used in any configs should be easy enough to add though, I know a couple of cases where the devs added simple requests like that.

5. JFXAM

JFXAM
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I know that the export cars have slight differences (the Mustang for example has vents on the hood, while the Euro export version doesn't, having instead a better radiator than the american version) but right now, I would be happy with just the gauges being replacable. I don't think the devs would waste time making another model with only small changes to the body.

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Most export variants should be sufficient with new lights/ hoods/ bumpers/ mirrors/ suspension/ exhaust, which are all separate parts. The biggest issues I can think of would be with the location of headlights and fog lights, which in most cases probably can be worked out without changes to the base vehicle either. More custom options are necessary anyway (they said themselves in Over the Horizon that they want a massive parts library).

7. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

to be fair i just run the calculations to pass one from mph to kmh in my brain. Its not that hard.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice