Map Creation?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Wyatt850, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Wyatt850

Wyatt850
    Expand Collapse

Hello BeamNG Forums!

I've been playing this game for at least 6 months now, and it's easily one of my favorites. I wanted to try to make a map to contribute to the game and as a hobby.

The problem is, I have not done much coding or 3D modeling, and the only guides I can find are dated, half-baked, Windows 7, 2013 videos that tell me to use files that don't exist anymore, don't give much clarification, and are just confusing.

I was thinking for a first map something similar to Brands Hatch, (above view) easily my favorite race track. It's relatively short, with the smaller Indy circuit (connected using the Mclaren road) being about 1.1 miles in length and the Grand Prix circuit being 2.4 miles in length. About average.

Elevation change throughout the track is relatively minimal. (I was told that elevation is difficult to create)

Because I think that I could make the circuit using some assets from the Automation Test Track, and that it is a relatively small map, I thought it would be good for a first attempt at a map. There are also plenty of videos and images online showcasing the track so I can get a better idea of the scale and how it looks.

I have found one tutorial that seems to be the most up to date. I have watched through it, and it seems straightforward. I was planning to begin the framework of the map later this week.

Does anyone have any tips for a first-time modder planning to make a project like that? Any good tutorials, software, posts, tips, guides, or assets that might be useful?

Thanks, and I appreciate any responses.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice