1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. Natelnik69

Natelnik69
    Expand Collapse

i think it is too

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This took less a minute to add
    asdasdda.png
    Now with the SuperSport engine, Z-1/30 kit and biggest nitrous shot size, you can have over 1000 horsepower in this tiny car somehow

• Like Like x 6
  3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

unbreakable engine block?

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Selectable engine blocks are not really a thing in this mod, the combination of the engine size and internals defines the strength of the engine. But overtorque is not a thing on the SuperSport one, like in the original mod, it can pretty much survive anything. But I could add stronger stock internals for nitrous if you want to use it on the stock engine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Well, considering that you are, basically, remaking the mod, I believe that using the jbeam structure of the vanilla engines would help to play with the engine specs.

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I want to make it accurate to real life though. In real life nobody was swapping the intake for this engine, the carburetor changes in facelifts were only to improve fuel economy and reduce exhaust smoke (due to stricter laws against it), and really the only way to tune it was to buy an aftermarket sport kit which consisted of some improved internals and there was only 1 ever available. If you wanted more than 30 horsepower, the only thing you could do was full engine swap, or maybe self-made turbo which required rebuilding half of the engine anyway due to weird pipe allignment. (I would add a turbo if I had a realistic 3D model of it.) And the structure I'm using is almost the same as in other cars anyway, just there are internals instead of the long block (does the I2 engine even have a long block? No idea). The sport kit could be compared to a performance long block and I can add an equivalent of a heavy duty one too, but no need for ultra heavy duty since we don't have custom intakes (yet).
    Unless you want an unrealistic, invisible, unbreakable turbocharger for the time being, based on the Autobello turbo, before we have a proper turbo 3D model (if we ever get one)? Or should I somehow try to make a model myself based on the Autobello one and it won't look pretty probably?

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

A bit more work on the engine done:
    • Added smooth shading to the engine model
    • Separated intake (with airfilter) and transaxle from the model, added the models of them to the selectable parts
    • Separated exhaust too and made it a removable part
    • Added heavy flywheel
    • Added heavy duty and ultra heavy duty internals for nitrous
    ddasd.png

• Like Like x 3
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Added Autobello turbo (looks kinda weird because rescaled to fit), almost 100hp possible with it. It won't be possible to close the decklid with it though lol
    asdasd.png

• Like Like x 5
  9. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of closing things, and you may have already answered this, but is it going to feature openable doors, hood, and decklid?

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So far I'm having trouble just getting the decklid to both stay on properly and not deform terribly, so not sure if I'll add any fancy stuff like buttons to open it, most likely no. Working on a high-poly unpolished model like this means that the nodes have to be in specific places and that limits the possibilities. Everything will only open like in vanilla cars with nodegrabber.
    Edit: Decklid deformation test, old vs new. Mine doesn't stretch, that's good.
    asdadssdsd.png
    In the old one, the engine deformed as well, but still worked somehow.

#110 Agent_Y, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

cool! Are you going to add a stiffer and lower suspension for the faster engines?

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It really needs one it seems, so I'll ask LucasBE to add it (he will probably be the one who will work on the suspension)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

While LucasBE is working on the suspension, I have separated the model in Blender, it took me like 3 hours.
    adsdf.png
    In game it may seem like regress but it's actually progress as I can now make the lights breakable and more. I'll try to make the front clip detachable at very strong impact like the engine support bar.
    dasasd.png
    Currently it's only for the ST body, I'll have to also separate other bodies later. I'm only doing other bodies after I'm 100% satisfied with the ST one so I can just copy the Jbeam to them.

• Like Like x 9
  14. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Bloody hell
    That’s a lot of patience lmao
    But nice job so far!

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah I had to be patient, that all used to be 1 part, first I separated it automatically with the Blender function that allows it, which gave me 600+ individual parts and I just had to group them. This model seems to have been made for something entirely different than BeamNG at first, hence the amount of parts the body has, maybe it was a Blender animation of the car getting crushed or something, we will never know.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Breakable headlights that can also fall off with enough force (might have to adjust this later after the car is more complete and I can compare it with some crash tests)
    edasd.png
    The black part around/inside just disappears on impact for now as I have no idea what to do with it otherwise
    Edit: All lights break now and taillights can fall off too, sorry for weird textures on turn signals but it's a compromise because all turn signals use the same texture so I had to make it fit both the big and the small ones, and also I'm not the best at texturing overall so I just cut a hole in the default texture lol
    dsfasdfd.png

#116 Agent_Y, Jun 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Added tilted decklid for turbo, it has a stiffer opening spring so will stay open easier, added working tow hitch too
    dfdfassd.png

• Like Like x 7
  18. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Perfectly notmal image

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I did some more small improvements to the engine: added indestructible internals, made the sport kit torquecurve more accurate, made it so removing the exhaust affects the torque like in official vehicles, and made the intake air filter a separate part + added a broken version that causes damage to the head gasket, piston rings and rod bearings like what would happen in real life after driving some time with a broken intake airfilter.
    sfsafa.png
    (On the screenshot you can also see some customization in terms of removing certain parts you can do now that wasn't possible in the old mod)
    Edit: The engine and turbo also have deformgroups like the Vivace so they can get physical damage

#119 Agent_Y, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  20. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Nice!
    Very smoky

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice