1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So this is what Szeroki Pędzel has been working on for a long time...
    safdfdf.png
    Improved engine model!
    Now it actually looks like an engine, has some engine bay stuff and visible mount, belt and rotating pulleys, proper exhaust headers, and way better air filter with a sticker that it had irl. Also as a bonus, the materials are now PBR so they look a tiny bit better. I just got it in game now which took me 4 hours, I know there is some clipping at the moment but it will be fixed tomorrow. There are also separate models ready for EL ignition, twin carburetor and lightweight and beater air filters. I'm too tired now to continue working on it today. Also it now uses edited Piccolina transmission model instead of whatever it had before.

• Like Like x 15
  2. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

Cool!!!

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Fixed clipping in engine bay (mostly exhaust manifolds)
    Fixed more stuff related to new engine model
    Fixed OBR rally version having stock brakes
    Fixed some configs spawning with wrong colors
    Adjusted engine Jbeam for new model
    Adjusted derby exhaust for new engine model
    Found out which engine exactly the Abarth version used (it's the Abarth 206 engine from one of the prototypes of Fiat 500 Abarth), found its torque curve and adjusted it in game to fit the real life one. The old curve it had was just guesswork basically, and it was way too OP lol. Now it's only a bit faster than the Giannini GPA, which makes sense since they were competitors, and it's quite a lot slower than the OBR rally version which was its evolution and it also makes sense.
    Still to do: add some Jbeam to the ignition system, then check if every single confing spawns with correct color, then make thumbnails.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Toivio

Toivio
    Expand Collapse

Today happened something big for me. I saw Fiat 126 at first time in real life. When I saw that I was like: oh yes this is best moment of 2022.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Jbeamed the ignition system (pain). It can break on a hard side impact which damages the engine.
    Checked manually every single configuration and fixed a few of them that spawned with a different color than on thumbnail or had other small issues.
    Proper thumbnails will be done soon hopefully, and then last beta testing. This one can be long since fuel efficiency has to be tested by EozCompanyCz, which essentially means he will drive some configs for hours on Italy map measuring how fast the fuel runs out realistically. Last time he did it the results were good, but I have redone the intakes since then and that changes a lot so he needs to do it again. While he does that I'll be writing a short changelog, other testers will be testing whatever they think needs testing, and AdamPLG will be adding the missing interior pieces. After we finish, provided that nothing unepected happens and nothing major needs fixing, version 1.5 will be released. You can expect it in like a week or a few weeks depending how fast it goes.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Toivio

Toivio
    Expand Collapse

I was just thinking but how many configs this have?

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It has 118 for the nearest update, in the next one there will be a bit more (maybe 150 or so) because we don't yet have the BIS, any limited editions, export models, some engine swaps and the offroad monster version. Maybe there will be prototypes too.

• Like Like x 7
  8. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Jesus

9. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

oh god i cant imagine the weight of the file

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

490MB currently but new thumbnails can make a huge difference in either way, we'll see how it ends up. AdamPLG will add new stuff but he will also delete a massive Blender file, so final will definitely be smaller.
    (Before optimization, it was over 700MB... oof)

#1110 Agent_Y, Apr 16, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  11. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

You've got some other maps as well, like the old Autobahn map, that surprisingly still works last time I checked, and the cannonball map as well.

Also, I would absolutely love to test out fuel economy lol, but well, life.. yea. :p

12. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

will the engines have a nitrous slot to use with the values mod?

#1112 PowerstrokeHD, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Obviously, they all have a nitrous slot with option of a 10lb or 20lb bottle, values mod works on the car too.
    Thumbnails are done now, time to get them in game, then beta testing. I also fixed a bug with some of the dummies being invisible if you don't have any of my other mods with dummies active at the moment (I used wrong mesh names lol), and another little bug with the toy Maluch model on dashboard having outdated engine model (I always forget about the toy model lol).

• Like Like x 9
  14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Feels weird yet certainly good to see the mod with proper thumbnails finally.
    asfsdaf.png
    Also fixed many typos and little mistakes in config descriptions, some fixed by @baarry5444 who did the thumbnails, and some by me.
    Tme for beta testing and final changes!
    Btw the file size is down to 470MB, pretty good.

#1114 Agent_Y, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 17
  15. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Can't you just @ and then type their name ? A list should appear.
    upload_2022-4-18_11-32-51.png

16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I didn't know it was so easy lol, it works, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

So only beta testing and final touches left to go?
    upload_2022-4-18_13-52-51.gif

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, we are constantly fixing little things now and writing a changelog, while AdamPLG is adding missing interior parts, fixing one sided meshs, smoothing jagged edges, redoing EL hubcaps and idk what else lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Excellent job Agent_Y and Adam, it's amazing to see how far you've come as a modder and how far this mod has come aswell.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

amazing

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice