1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

Well of course

2. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

there's constant new info on this mod all the time, why did you think was dead?

3. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

Since it had no updates whatsoever

4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

5. Impact Blue

Impact Blue
    Expand Collapse

As for Italian versions (well, this car was born as the Fiat 126 in 1972 and then exported in Poland in 1973), there is the late 126 Bis (1987), with a water cooled 703 cc engine and a different rear end. The engine was mounted lower and was flat, so now there was actually space in the trunk for luggage : https://www.clubitalianofiat126.com/fiat-126-bis.html

It was an important model for the Italian market, but I understand that it would require too much work to model everything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok so Italian versions confirmed, will happen, I won't be adding the Giannini Automobili ones yet since each one had a completely different engine, and they have hard to make badges lol. But I'll add the versions such as 600, Economica, Personal and Personal 4P, normal and openable roof versions. If there are any factory versions aside from these then tell me, the research I have done for Italian trims is way smaller. Also TAN finished the new rear seat already, I'll put it in game as soon as I have time.
    --- Post updated ---
    TAN's fixed steering wheels, + re-added the one from the original oldest version of the mod because it's cool
    adfsgfa.png

New rear seat model
    awsdf.png

Will start parcel shelf Jbeam when I have time again.

Also apparently in Italy the 600 version was called 595 instead, because it's closer to the actual engine capacity of 594cc, weird lol
    --- Post updated ---
    I didn't see this message before, but Bis is planned for version 2.0, I thought it was only in Poland, I didn't know they also had it in Italy

• Like Like x 6
  7. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

look what I found! A Fiat 126 Combi!

Attached Files:

• upload_2022-3-3_20-13-47.jpeg
    • upload_2022-3-3_20-13-50.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's a Polish prototype of a wagon version. There is also an Italian one that looks weird:
    fiat_126_cavalletta_prototype_large_37717.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. robbonabbo

robbonabbo
    Expand Collapse

weird but cool

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Turns out fiat made an ev concept of this, and someone turned it in a tank.
    upload_2022-3-3_22-7-2.jpeg
    upload_2022-3-3_22-9-52.jpeg
    They look cool actually

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

These are not even the craziest things people did with it lol
    --- Post updated ---
    Turns out that most of the hubcaps in the mod were patented designs... Idk who would patent hubcap designs but ok. That means we had to rename them to fictional names, so TAN renamed all of his ones:
    sdsdfafd.png

New ones:
    dsgddf.png

Redone for like the 4th time:
    efwfaf.png
    --- Post updated ---
    TAN made interior panels as a test and they turned out really good, I'm keeping them. That's off the list now.
    sddfaasdf.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Parcel shelf Jbeam done, based on Vivace one but 2 times lighter because it's smaller, can fall off through broken backlight if it breaks out of the mounts
    sadsasd.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Prepared to add openable roof, Jbeam modified a bit for sunroof variant to make a hole and remove some weight. Available also for el body because why not.
    dfsdsasdgd.png

• Like Like x 7
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

TAN finished missing dashboard pieces such as ashtray and dash vents:
    ffass.png

Comparison: The interior on his config now:
    dfssfdasd.png asfasfw.png

Vs in old version (ignore no material issues):
    fsdsaf.png dsfasdfgg.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I think this turned out pretty good, based on Hopper soft top, will need Jbeam, I want to make it openable
    sdfssdsff.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I know this didn't exist irl, but I had to make it: Italian police version!
    sdafasdasff.png

• Like Like x 10
  14. Impact Blue

Impact Blue
    Expand Collapse

I feel like a Carabinieri version would be a tad more time-appropriate, for example, a Fiat 500 Carabinieri actually existed irl :D

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok I'll make Carabinieri one too
    --- Post updated ---
    TAN's new wiper models
    dsafassf.png
    And Carabinieri skin
    sddfs.png
    I think it's time for some beta testing now, will send the mod as it is to my testers, configs are pretty much all outdated and unfinished so they won't be reviewed yet

• Like Like x 10
  16. Szeroki Pędzel

Szeroki Pędzel
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

17. Miechu

Miechu
    Expand Collapse

Italian 126
    I like it :)

18. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, the thumbnail generator in more recent versions of BeamNG is a mixed bag. Some people like you claim the game crashes upon attempting to take thumbnails, while others have had no issues. I was in the former a few updates ago until it became usable for me one day.

When it does work, the generator tends to take high-resolution thumbnails nowadays that can take up more hard drive space without any option to resize them or choose the format (.jpg or .png) beforehand. I have no idea why those are the default options, but I am hoping the developers improve on the generator in future updates. At least they are taken relatively quickly, and you can resize them in a photo editor or in bulk via an online service after the thumbnails are taken.

So in other words, because I have no issues with the thumbnail generator in the latest version of the game right now, I am more than willing to help you out on that. Just reach out to me whenever you're ready, and I can take care of thumbnails on the Maluch :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

it'd be nice if the mod could support the uk yellow rear plates mod if it's not already planned/implemented

20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It supports square EU plates and old Polish plates, nothing else for now because of the absurd amount of different places each plate has to work on without clipping for each plate size. I had to manually position each plate for each type of the front and rear bumper separately, which is ST, P4, FL, tuner and offroad bumpers, also straight on the front panel without bumper, and separately for the 600, 650 and tilted decklid variants. In total the license plates have 52 Jbeam parts in 4 files. Adding UK plates support would mean an extra file with 13 new setups for positioning those plates... If someone else is willing to do it then cool, but not me lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice