1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Maluch JBeam rebuild

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AdamPLGames, May 17, 2021.

1. supra107

supra107
    Expand Collapse

The PBR rendering looks sexy on these screenshots, absolutely stunning work. I hope that there will also be a "rust" paint job that will work like the ones in the official cars, where the color doesn't overlap the rust texture, and maybe a few "beater parts" for more run-down looking presets. Baja bugs are fun, but let's not forget how most of these cars ended up looking like in their lifetime. ;)

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

There is a beater leaf spring, beater air filter and beater engine mounts. Even a whole beater config is almost ready, only needs a rusty skin which I hope I can make. It will probably replace the rusty skin that is currently in the mod where the rust is barely visible. And also I want to make an off-road beater skin like this:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    And also derby skin that will also have rust.
    But I'll start all the skins later, when the mod will be in the stage of redoing materials, so I don't have to redo it later.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ㅤㅤㅤ...

ㅤㅤㅤ...
    Expand Collapse

Are you plannig doing motorbike engine swap

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Probably but I have no idea what engine exactly, it would have to be a really common fast motorbike engine with a known torque curve, and idk who would do the model for it. I have more important stuff to do for the mod first but probably I'll do this too eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ㅤㅤㅤ...

ㅤㅤㅤ...
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Yamaha R1 or Suzuki Hayabusa engine?

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So I feel like I need to clear up some stuff and explain why I haven't been posting any progress recently. Basically the last whole week I've sent sick in bed unable to use my PC. Today it was confirmed that I got covid... My symptoms haven't been serious so far but still it will definitely take me some time to recover, so I thought of releasing a WIP unfinished version of the update, it would have many unfinished and half-finished things, bad lights textures that were in the middle of rework but HerbieTheRealBug hasn't sent better images for them yet, possibly many bugs, untested features, and a complete mess in the files with many duplicates that increases the file size by A LOT, but I think you all have waited enough for the Jbeam rebuild and it would be pointless for me to keep you waiting without making any progress... Practically almost all of the old content is back in the mod already aside from Stig as a driver, because my friend was supposed to make new non-copyrighted textures for the driver to avoid the mod being taken down for a dumb reason, and I haven't started the Stig Jbeam because I had an untextured model... Just the dummy and possibility to add only passenger weight should be enough for now. I need to know what other people think of this idea, especially AdamPLG since it's literally his mod now and I wouldn't release it without his permission. It wouldn't be released immidiately, I would have to first at least get the configs to a releasable state and make the light textures at least decent enough to not be worse than original ones. My time for it is limited because not only I'm sick but also I have to do work for the university from home, since I have quarantine I am forced to do e-learning and I can't just stay in bed doing nothing... So since I have to be using my PC anyway I might as well make a releasable demo for the update in any free time I have, provided I don't feel completely awful. I can't just start working on the mod again the same way as I worked on it before, I don't feel well enough and I won't have the time once I have to do e-learning. But I can finish up the configs, fix the biggest issues and release a demo. Another option is if anyone agreed to help with Jbeam and would do my part of work instead of me, but that could mean I wouldn't have the amount of control over the mod that I want, and I know that probably all the people in the community who are better at Jbeam than me (there are a lot of them lol) are probably all busy with their own projects because they always are. So I am waiting for a response of what should I do with this project, I know it has probably already taken way too long and I'm sorry, but as I said before it doesn't only depend on me, there are other people working on other things in it and they are busy, I don't blame them and nobody should be blamed here, if they don't mind I would like to release the demo because I have no idea how long it will take until the mod is back to regular progress like before, could be a month or so but I can't tell, covid is unpredictable and I'll be busy every time I can use my PC. If this is a bad idea and I should wait until I recover instead, then sure, that's also fine, but I figured that people would rather have a preview of the mod while I can't do progress on it anyway, than to wait without hearing any progress for possibly several weeks or even months if the disease turns worse than it is now.

• Like Like x 8
  7. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

holy shit. men, get some rest and take time off, health is waaaay more important than a mod, and the fact that its Covid, take your time to recover!

8. Zero ibishu's left

Zero ibishu's left
    Expand Collapse

[Opinion warning]
    Hope for a fast and hurt free recovery, my prayers are with you. I would say that you might want to look into releasing a version soon, but that is just my opinion. And my opinion doesn't mean anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

My mom got covid. Tea and Soup was her best friend for that time. hope you get better soon.

#669 PowerstrokeHD, Nov 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  10. supra107

supra107
    Expand Collapse

I hope you'll shake it off like a pesky flu without any further complications, stay strong my friend. And as for the demo version, I think it wouldn't hurt to do, considering the very first version of this mod was incredibly half-baked, to the point where the current state of the rebuild will seem like a complete version. It could be a 1.9 or a 2.0-a/b/rc version, and possibly it would allow the community to finish it in a open-source development manner. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

AdamPLG wants it to be called a remake rather than remaster, and there is nothing I can say in this regard, he decides the names for the updates. I'll only upload a demo if he agrees, I hope he sees this conversation. Also the current version is probably as half-baked as old in terms of texture quality that is all over the place. Still uses old textures for everything except some of the interior. But at least it has good textures for dashboard and carpet (but not all colorable, I'll try to fix it if I can), has way better Jbeam now, a ton more parts and proper configs (which are also outdated though so I have to fix them). If I have time tomorrow I can start. I need to make decent broken light textures, fix fur type floor mats, make dashboard colorable, convert skins to PBR, and fix all configs for it to be releasable. No idea how much time it can take, will depend on how much work I have and how good I feel (atm I don't feel too bad but it can change).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Hey Mate take care of yourself, leave it as it is and come back when you feel good about it. Releasing it in state you described is asking for shit load of complaints by kids who don't understand purpose of WIP. Your health physical and mental is much more important for us, we can wait till it's done - it doesn't hurt. Also working on it while you aren't in mood to do so, will feel like a chore and burn your motivation away.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I wish you the best of luck man, take it easy.

14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Long time no see... I have to get used to working on this again. Started from small improvements instead of big stuff to find some motivation again.
    Separated mirrors into pieces, they now break more realistically:
    1.png
    Also added painted el mirrors while I'm at this:
    2.png
    And painted 90s air intakes:
    3.png
    Custom bumper-mounted fog lights (will get new textures along with everything else):
    4.png
    And also obviously I fixed a ton of small issues that came out during testing.
    All lights are being redone for like the 4th time, this time by Vapordude who actually knows what he's doing. HerbieTheRealBug sent us some really good reference photos of them, like he always does, they could be used as textures when modified.

I don't have much time for the mod overall but I'm trying. Also I don't know if the demo will be happening or not, AdamPLG must decide this.

• Like Like x 12
  15. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

16. benz124

benz124
    Expand Collapse

cool and good
    good luck

17. ㅤㅤㅤ...

ㅤㅤㅤ...
    Expand Collapse

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

DEMO VERSION CONFIRMED, will be coming in a few weeks probably if all goes to plans!
    Fixed issues so far:
    • Fur type floor mat textures look decent now
    • Dashboards are colorable again
    Still left to fix:
    • Lights textures
    • Convert skins to PBR
    • Add Stig
    • Fix all configs
    I'm currently doing the skin PBR conversion, and making many of the skins colorable because why not, now you can have stuff like this:
    asasdsa.png
    Will also make new skins if I have time before Vapordude does the lights. Planned new skins:
    • Old paint
    • Derby beater
    • Offroad beater
    • Rally beater
    • FSM Rally
    • Abarth Rally
    • Abarth Stripes
    • Generic single, dual, triple and side stripes
    • Thunder and Toxic skins from MR games

• Like Like x 11
  19. benz124

benz124
    Expand Collapse

-current cheallenge: try to wait for polonez and maluch (fail) (impossible)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Converted all skins to PBR, made most of them colorable, and added a few new ones
    asdadssda.png
    But now I'm too hyped for new game update to work on it lol
    It will definitely receive support for the new race wheels that are coming for the Pessima
    --- Post updated ---
    Revamped rusty skin by Felipe Maciel (he also did the new 'Very Rusty' one), probably last progress before game update
    dwaasd.png
    --- Post updated ---
    New update added underglow, Maluch is definitely getting it lol, I like how it's turning kinda into a tuner, I need to add more ridiculous spoilers and JDM lights after demo lol
    Also it added an option to change displayed car model name per config, so now I can display them as they were sold irl, so el as 126 instead of 126p, and elx as 126 Maluch, also I can make Italian spec configs called 126 (I think already I have almost all parts for them anyway lol, just less stiff leaf spring left), Australian spec version called FSM Niki (fuel system difference) and Austrian one called Steyr-Puch 126 (I already have the engine for it), I will just need to model the badges later (probably after demo)
    This won't be slowing down the demo too much because I have to redo all configs anyway and I won't be adding Italian sunroof versions (yet)
    With nodeMove support for cameras, dummies are also getting their own cameras in their heads (they had before in testing but they were buggy and broken), will try to make the cameras follow head rotation too
    I haven't tried the update yet and I already had these amazing ideas lol

• Like Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice