Making a transparent track?

Discussion in 'Track Builder' started by loonybin0, Jan 4, 2020.

1. loonybin0

loonybin0
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't sure where best to put this, but I have done some searching and I can't find out how to make your track transparent/clear using the track builder. I have, of course, read through the Wiki page and couldn't find anything. I thought there might be a "glass" base texture you could use. Any ideas for how to do this?
    (I'm trying to see if it's possible in the track builder, but if there's a simple way to do it in the world editor, then that would work too.)

Edit: I'm apparently not allowed to make new tags on posts, like "transparent", which would obviously be appropriate here.

2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Tags aren't used anyways unless if attatched to mods, so you good.
    As for the texture/material, idk.

3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

I know how to make and alpha transparency map and apply it to the road mesh texture if that is what you are asking. This is not completely transparent, but would be really simple if that is what you want. I did not want a track clear as glass but wanted something I could see the planets under when driving. This is not a final idea, this was back when I was testing a few things. If that is what you are asking but want a completely transparent one or something similar I will reply with more instructions.

Attached Files:

• 284160_screenshots_20210328173336_1.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice