Released Longer Gavril H-Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by mowen, Apr 8, 2023.

1. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

I suck at naming and now I keep switching between LGH-S and Stretch Van so I apologize for that. Also, this is my first mod and this is my first thread in this category. Criticism is appreciated!

Credits:

Me - Stretching
    BeamNG - H-Series
    Official Server - Criticism, tips, etc.
    OptimumJ12 - Lore, Testing
    16253 - Consent for modifying the Wood Paneling to work on the Stretch Van
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/wood-panels-for-the-gavril-h-series.23319/
    If I feel like I forgot to credit anyone, I will update this.

Origin: Last year, I made a suggestion about having an optional version of the H-Series where it would have more overhang like the Econoline irl.

Time passed by and one morning, I started having thoughts of just taking the van into blender, stretching it, and getting it to appear in game out of curiosity. After doing all 3, I decided to do more to it starting off with taking care of getting all the parts to work and have textures be less ugly.

In the time frame of a few months, I manage to get the parts to appear with no problems and behave just like the vanilla van. Rear doors had issues for a little while and with a few kind words that I appreciate very much, the issue was resolved. If I were to say what the hardest part about this was, it would be the interior walls on the cargo bodies and fixing the textures on them. In fact, they're still not perfected, but they are better than before and look more reasonable. After textures and parts were adjusted and working, I was going to start on the JBeam. Unsurprisingly, it killed my motivation for a while and it may be adjusted in one of these small updates sometime after it's release. Fast-forward to now, it's very close to release and here's a more recent, decent picture of the stretch van being lined up next to the vanilla vans.

Lore: After 1986, and the explosion in popularity of the Gavril H-Series, Gavril decided to take advantage of a European solution. They decided to make a longer, stretched version of the H series. It started production in 1993 and became a rather popular option to most companies from the mid to late 90s. However, when the 2000s rolled around, Gavril once again came under bigger pressure to create another generation of shorter H-series. Most companies scrapped or sold their extended H series vans by the early 2010s. Thankfully, more than a handful still remain around as passenger converts, and serve this purpose well as the extended van offers an extra fourth row of seating.

This mod is compatible with suspension mods, engine mods, and interior accessory mods.
    Skins depend and I don't know how to get a stretched UV template for the van.

Everything that's on the vanilla extended H-Series have been stretched and setup to work on this mod.
    This mod comes with 2 new frames called Alternate Extended Frame and Alternate Heavy Duty Extended Frame. Exhausts have been stretched so custom exhaust mods on the vanilla H-Series won't work except for maybe custom muffler tips.

As of 4/12/2023, this mod is released.
    Known Bugs:
    Stretched reflection
    JBeam
    No UV Template for the stretched body yet (Some textures may or may not be stretched unsatisfyingly)
    Stretched textures in undercarriage

For those that know about the stretch van wood paneling, me and 16253 spoke to eachother about how this would work and we decided he will update his mod since the panels are separate from this mod.

Comes with 11 configs! All are the LWB configs, but stretched.

First bug fix 6/19/2023!
    - Fixed rear left fender flare not showing up

Second bug fix 5/11/2024
    - Fixed engines and transmissions not working from 0.32 (Now drivable again)

Attached Files:

#1 mowen, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Long boy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NotElyBuendia

NotElyBuendia
    Expand Collapse

man, someones uncle is gonna like this one

• Like Like x 3
  4. RyanCookie

RyanCookie
    Expand Collapse

I would say that it is way too long. I suggest shortening it about 5-8 cm. Older Ford Transits for example have an L1 lenght, which is like the lenght of the short H-Series, L2 is like the long H-Series and the L3 is basically an L2 with a slightly longer overhang.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

I realized that a few months back and with the effort already done, I decided to leave it and take care of it another time. Also, this is supposed to be closer to the econoline than the transit.

#5 mowen, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  6. ryanisstigg

ryanisstigg
    Expand Collapse

Man I was waiting for this to appear, loving it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. *NANI SORE INTENSIFIES*

*NANI SORE INTENSIFIES*
    Expand Collapse

it is amazing! i'm loving the van but i wonder if the upfit cab would get longer wheelbase for higher payload just like this truck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

Well that would mean more work in textures and JBEAM for the upfits which would take double the time it took for this stretch van. Besides, this mod is for the van bodies!

#8 mowen, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

This is so stupid, I love it! Maybe I can fit a pigeon or wydra into the h-series with this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

I bet you can! If you want to go the challenging route, don't use the fiberglass extension on the roof

11. *NANI SORE INTENSIFIES*

*NANI SORE INTENSIFIES*
    Expand Collapse

ahh i see, that's fine. i'm sure you'll do great with the mod.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fy42145

Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

The 6.9 engine will feel underpowered in this body

13. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

Mod is now public!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fy42145

Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

That's the wheelbase that hasn't changed, maybe if it's extended a little it will be appropriate

But why did this door open by itself

screenshot_2023-04-13_15-30-10.png

Even on the left

screenshot_2023-04-13_15-35-47.png

#14 Fy42145, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

There's a chance it might be one of your mods causing the doors to open by themselves. I would recommend enabling one mod at a time until the doors open by themselves. Also, the intent was to add more overhang which I admit I added a little too much and not extend the wheelbase. A reason for the configs and frames to have "Alternate" added to their names.

16. OldFullZaisCudnaem

OldFullZaisCudnaem
    Expand Collapse

deleted

#16 OldFullZaisCudnaem, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  17. supardianto

supardianto
    Expand Collapse

indonesia?

18. YİĞİT 2

YİĞİT 2
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

In the mod's folders there are 3 body .jbeam file. In these file's beams section the part which is showed in yellow circle is missed. So, front doors of the van always open due to this missed codes. If you can add these codes you can solve the problem.

upload_2023-5-30_21-44-30.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

First bug fix is out. Took me a while to realize what was going on with the rear left flare! My mistake

20. mowen

mowen
    Expand Collapse

Now works with 0.32

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice