Level Construction: Lighting Issue?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SHOme1289, Feb 18, 2014.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I'm working on my first real level, and I'm following the tutorial by Fundador (http://www.beamng.com/threads/2764-...ain-for-Beam-NG-(in-depth-guide-with-pictures). I'm up to the roads construction part, but I noticed that the lighting is all quirky, in certain angles it looks like the lighting has to "reset", so it dims real low then brightens up and when I move a few feet it flashes bright then dims back down to normal. Its like it keeps re-lighting the scene. Not sure what's going on, maybe a setting somewhere in the editor for scattersky, but its just annoying being flashed all the time. Any ideas? Otherwise, that tutorial is really easy to follow and a great read. Thanks for any input!! Got the terrain heightmap, title, description, skybox, textured terrain and some roads laid out.

Oh another issue is when I was laying out the roads with the click-point technique, after a while, the roads stopped laying out. Its as if the game reached the road limit, but theres not really much there. Should I lay out a small part of roads then start another small part instead of doing all the roads at once?

2. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

You have to delete the sun (in scene menue)
    But not delete the sky you´ve made.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

roads.png
    Here you can see the skeleton for the roads I started, but half of them don't even have that NO TEXURE texture on them? Not sure if I should continue on the way I have been doing it, or stop and fix whats wrong. not even sure if its really a problem yet.

- - - Updated - - -

that worked. tried to find on the forums the solution but couldn't pinpoint it. Thanks!!

4. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

You messed up the roads :p
    Now you have to do them again... I had also that problem...

5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

guess so...too many points? or just something went wrong? All I did was click the path for the road, and on one of the clicks it just stopped the orange mesh but continued the skeleton...no biggie if I gotta re do it, not like I put more than 5 minutes laying out these roads lol

6. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

The road editor does that to me every now and then, it takes some getting use to. Good luck on the map. :)

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

and of course the game crashes when im in the middle of finishing up the roads again lol (well at least the layout portion of the project). tssssss. time to start again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice