WIP Beta released Leap Of Death 0.5.1

A car-wrecking, hole of doom!

1. terrywen33

terrywen33
    Expand Collapse

This map seems to be broken, since the 0.33 update when I open this map it keeps getting stuck in the loading screen, not dead stuck because there's a progress bar animation, but it just won't load into the map even after loading for almost 20 minutes!

2. FunkyHunk

FunkyHunk
    Expand Collapse

Hey, yes I know the 0.33 update broke something.
    I'm working on it, but so far I'm coming up with no fixes.

If anybody wants to help keep reading.

I get this info from the beamng.log file:

Code:
     32.49924|I|GELua.levelLoading| Level loading: '/levels/Leap-Of-Death/'...
     32.53265|D|engine::SFXFMODProject::acquire| SFXFMODProject: Opened project '/art/sound/fmod/desktop/ambient_maps.assets.bank' in 0.03316309999999589 seconds. Preload sample data = false.
     32.61267|D|engine::SFXFMODProject::acquire| SFXFMODProject: Opened project '/art/sound/fmod/desktop/ambient_maps.bank' in 0.04186750000000217 seconds. Preload sample data = false.
     32.66171|D|GELua.core_vehicles.main| Loading default vehicle
     32.73709|E|GELua.levelLoading| Could not find level: /levels/leap/main.level.json
     32.73712|E|GELua.| Cannot setCamera, camera not found: gameCamera
    The "Cannot setCamera" keeps on repeating endlessly after that.

The things I found that puzzles me:
    1: "Could not find level: /levels/leap/main.level.json" <----<< this file path is not referenced anywhere in any config/json files in the level folder.
    2: "main.level.json" is a file I never have had in the level folder. It is not present in any of the other repo map zips I've looked at either.

This error comes regardless if the map is unpacked in the /levels folder, or zipped in the repo folder.
    I'm trying to keep this map alive, but the constant updates that break it all the time makes it difficult to keep up, since everything changes all the time, including map editor.

If any devs would like to help I would be really grateful :)

3. Barbent Servo GT

Barbent Servo GT
    Expand Collapse

Hi "FunkyHunk" :),
    I've looked a bit deeper into your map files. It turns out that there are problems with the name of the map. I've renamed all files (including main folder) with that name and edited all occurrences of "Leap-Of-Death" to "Leap_Of_Death" and now it works.

The error message "Could not find level: /levels/leap/main.level.json"" made me think of it, because the term "leap" as a path segment doesn't appear anywhere in your map. So I thought it would be cut off. And that's how it is. The new version of BeamNG seams to hate "-" in the name of a map and stops reading further.

The file "main.level.json" is a virtual file, imo, created by BeamNG when the level loads, so it does not to have to exist in your level folder for real.

upload_2024-9-25_23-44-35.png

Nice day to you!
    Regards, Barbent

#103 Barbent Servo GT, Sep 25, 2024 at 11:50 PM
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2024 at 10:31 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  4. FunkyHunk

FunkyHunk
    Expand Collapse

Frikken awesome, thanks alot, that fixed it!!!1!! :D

Maybe the issue I had with the level editor deleting the entire missiongroup folder upon saving the map wont be present now as well.
    Time will show.

I'll make a few changes and I'll upload the update later.

• Like Like x 2
  5. terrywen33

terrywen33
    Expand Collapse

thx for fixing this map!I really liked it!

6. slapchopp

slapchopp
    Expand Collapse

Thank you funky hunk this map i played with back in 2013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice