1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Lag spiking under every map and in safe mode.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TechMechanic, Nov 19, 2020.

1. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Any where I play I seem to run into lag spikes and general jittering, I've seen that others have had this problem, but none of the previous fixes seem to have changed my situation. I drove around east coast usa for fifteen minutes and waited for the jittering and I think I managed to catch a screenshot of it in the performance graphs. I attempted the same thing a second time in a completely clean install with safe mode, but it had similar graphs as before, allbeit with a somewhat improved overall framerate, as to be expected from safemode. I get roughly 50-60fps normally but during a spike it lowers to roughly 15 in the graph, but the game actually just freezes in reality. I am aware that I only have 8gb of ram but I never seem to max out the ram so I doubt that it is the issue. Could anyone diagnose the issue?
    image_2020-11-19_152931.png
    Generally the large groups of red in the middle graph occur at the same time as the lag, the graph says its physics, but I dont know much more than that.

Attached Files:

• image_2020-11-19_152924.png
    #1 TechMechanic, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

if you are using a laptop plug it in.

3. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Using a desktop
    RTX 2060
    8GB ram
    i5-9400F @2.9ghz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice