Experimental KissMP - new multiplayer mod for BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by The HellBox, Nov 6, 2020.

1. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good , so it works better than beammp?

2. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It's 100% working and we have servers with up to 7 people online. I couldn't join them, my PC is quite slow for playing with more than 3 ppl sadly(
    We've achived a pretty good synchronization, including full electrics and input sync. It'll get even better in todays hotfix btw(If I will finish it, have some issues with player spawns still). The performance is great too, that's what allows us to have servers with so many players :)
    We have no videos or any other kind of showcase yet, so just try it yourself, mod doesn't modify your game installation or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I would do to prevent any sort of stuttering is putting a limit on how often to can spawn a vehicle. Like once every 60 seconds. I said this in the discord as well but that would seriously help.

4. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

Same

5. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your answer , i will try it out later , one last question , how did you got it that smooth? I mean i played beam mp and its laggy . I also talked to titch and he said its hard to create the mp?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

BeamMP uses JSON based networking architecture, because of that, it requires fast internet connection to run smoothly. We use binary encoding and messagepack, so we use a lot less traffic(Maybe 50 times or so). Otherwise, transforms sync is similar(Even worse on our side because of the bugs that we'll get fixed in upcoming hotfix)

• Like Like x 1
  7. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Ok i thank you keep it up !

8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Ah that’s smart.

you are not kidding when you say you need fast internet. On my normal speeds it’s fine (300 mb/s) but if it drops down to 100 mb/s it basically freezes beammp.

9. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

On the question on how I've managed to create it in 2 months, I have a 4 years of experience in game engine development, and 5 years in hacking(And by hacking I mean not creating cheats or anything, just playing with game engines and trying to make stuff that looks impossible by using math and all kinds of tricks) various games. So I knew how to get things right from the start of the development. Also, you can look at our git history, we were working really hard, up to 8 hours/day with up to 15 commits/day.
    BeamMP devs at the other hand seem to have a lot less experience, so they needed a lot more time to figure things out, which is understandable, I don't want to say anything bad about them, tbh I'm quite impressed with how BMP works considering how it looked at the beginning, devs clearly invested a lot of time into it.

• Like Like x 8
  10. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

impressive! All I can do is 3D model and be an engineer : (

11. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Do you resperct the beammp team?

12. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I can't say much about them, other than they decided to initiate neutral relationship between us. So that's says something good about them

13. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

okay , but why dont you make a Presentation video or a showcase of your mod ? I think it would be nice

14. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

We have no time for that, we're too busy with development already tbh

15. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, though this mod is really cool, it needs some sort of youtube video on the first post displaying how it's different from beammp and the pros/cons of using it. Along with a short tutorial for the people that cannot read instructions for whatever reason.

edit: fuck, ninja'd

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a other person can do it?

17. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Let's face it, it's only been out for 27 hours so I guess soon there will be a YouTube video on KissMP popping up :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm this, we tested newer and better builds daily :D

19. RealGunpreacher

RealGunpreacher
    Expand Collapse

Wait is there even smoke sync?

20. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

Really impressive mod, I have been trying it for 30 min on US servers (despite the fact that im in EU), and it works really well even with 100ms of ping. The collisions are really clean (I think better than on BeamMP), the UI is incredibly well done and the mod isn't really heavy on performance (exactly the same performances as traffic). This mod is a really good surprise, I didn't expected someone to create another MP mod but im pretty happy as BeamMP has still imperfection that aren't being removed/improved.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice