Joke Cars

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by General S'mores, Aug 10, 2017.

1. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. All joke cars we know are also pretty ugly so it is easy to get confused.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Another one I found:

Still hate the two headlights, doesn't matter which car has it, unless it's supposed to be futuristic or something.

3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Most new european market cars. Just look at their engines- I'd say that they are not a joke, but dark humour. If you live in America or elsewhere and are unaware of them, I'll just tell you that a 2 litre four-banger is one big ass engine by european standarts.

4. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Mostly because of the price of fuel

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I'm not against small engines if they make a reasonable amount of power. My own 23 year old car has a NA 1.4 I4 that makes 75 hp and I am perfectly fine with that. Meanwhile, in 2017, Audi manages to squeeze twice as much from their 1.4 TFSI. Modern overpowered engines have greatly decreased longevity. I've heard (I'm not 100% sure if it is true, though) that a certain European manufacturer (I forgot which one) has leaked info that they have calculated that their new tiny turbocharged engine has a resource of 120 000 km. 120 K! That's a seven year old car!
    What you save on fuel you'll spend on engine rebuilds (unless you sell it before, and the next owner can go screw himself). "Penny-pinchers pay twice"- old russian proverb.

6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

What about the Kia Picanto?

7. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Is not a joke car, it is a small car.
    --- Post updated ---
    I know of a person who has a 2.5 litre V6 diesel Sorento, and a person who has a 3 litre five-pot Audi.
    And a person who has a 5 Litre Flat four diesel Dennis dart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I like how everyone is mentioning small cars as "joke" cars. What are you, 8 years old?

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I know, small car doesn't mean bad car, the only reason they don't like them is because they don't have huge 5 litre V10s like literally no one wants them to.

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

it would be pretty insane to drive though especially if its mid mounted rwd

11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Kia Rondo. WTF were the designers thinking? Is it a hatchback? A minivan? A crossover?

upload_2017-8-11_12-47-5.png

12. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Because there's no such thing as a "joke car". Just between the 5 cars posted in the OP, maybe one of them qualifies as a "joke"

The Isetta was made to be as cheap and fuel/space efficient as possible due to the growing demand for cheap and small cars in post-war europe, as gas prices were super high and the economy was terrible.

The Tata Nano, despite being objectively awful, is definitely safer than shoving your wife and 3 kids on a 50cc scooter (which plenty of people do, in India)

The Toyota Prius is a fantastic car. It's fuel efficient, comfortable, reliable and practical. Anyone who still makes fun of this car needs to grow up (or drive/ride in one)

The Aztek is just a terrible SUV that failed horribly on the market, so I'll give it a pass.

Idk about the Nissan Cube, but the Juke is actually fantastic. Most people who hate on it haven't even been in one :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I agree, anything Japanese I'm a fan of, most people aren't a fan of them because "they don' have big ol' merica' V8s running on 7 cylinders and spluttering and spinning its way out of existence while consuming a gallon of fuel in about a second." -Random YouTube comment I found.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I said that a 2 litre i4 is considered big, not that there aren't larger engines. Sorento is pretty big (again, by European standarts) SUV and Audi is a premium sedan that pretends to be sporty, so they have big engines. Now try finding a compact or midsize car with an engine larger than 2.0, that will be hard (not impossible, of course).
    By the way, are you sure that the Audi you mentioned has a 3 litre inline-five? VW Group has (and had) 2.5 I5s and 3.0 V6s, but no 3.0 I5 as far as I know.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

That's just the design. Joke cars are supposed to be cars that have been made fun of or joked about.

16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Well then in that case, the Yugo. Yu don't actually go though, because the thing doesn't start. GV describes the vehicle's reliability, which is Greatly Variable.

upload_2017-8-11_18-57-0.png

17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Sadly made by the same guy who founded Subaru.

18. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

"Oooh look a Honda!"

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Any chinese car. Enough said for real, do I need to explain more?

20. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

Dont worry for a 1.4 that generates 75hp, in brasil its worse a 2.0 16v onlyproduces 139hp and a 1.8 8v (aka AP1800 ) generates only 98hp ('cause in mid-final '90s the taxes were based in engine power, not engine size, so the AP is pretty torquey, but not generates that much power, and in a 1080 kg car its almost an ae86 FWD ten years newer :p )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice