WIP Beta released Jerr-Dan 50/60 Rotator [PAID early release]

Discussion in 'Land' started by VMFunPhysics, Sep 28, 2023.

1. VMFunPhysics

VMFunPhysics
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 5
  2. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

It's spelled 'Alpha'.

3. SamKJ3455

SamKJ3455
    Expand Collapse

horrible take
    problem is we spend 25 bucks for the game for the mods we basically paying for dlcs at this point yall ruin the community as it is

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KevIcon

KevIcon
    Expand Collapse

Yeah well that's your opinion, if you pay 25$ for the game when you could've gotten it for a cheaper price during a steam sale then you would've saved a lot more.

These paid mods are worth to pay for anyway, it's not like you get to just enjoy the free labor these modders has been doing to keep BeamNG a lot more fun with more vehicles or features.

Plus it's not like we're ever gonna receive a vehicle like this from vanilla BeamNG at all anytime soon.

You clearly have a problem with it then you can keep your thoughts to yourself instead of getting publicly shamed by others out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SamKJ3455

SamKJ3455
    Expand Collapse

we just got a truck update so the we not going recive a vehicle like this is wrong, publicly shamed, yet other people do this to other mods means your eyes isnt open, called it free labor when its really not a job career type
    do better

6. VMFunPhysics

VMFunPhysics
    Expand Collapse

Seems like both are correct: "When it comes to the words “alpha” and “alfa”, many people wonder which one is the correct spelling. The answer is that both are technically correct, but it depends on where you are in the world. In the United States and many other English-speaking countries, “alpha” is the standard spelling. However, in many European countries, particularly those that use the Romance languages, “alfa” is the preferred spelling."

I think everybody understands to what I'm referring to, using the word alfa or alpha. I'm probably going to call it Beta for the next update, so this would eliminate the spelling confusion.

#186 VMFunPhysics, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  7. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Some people just don't seem to understand that American English isn't the only form of English.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Well, sorry, man. Also, he said English-speaking countries, not just America.

9. Qdog2024

Qdog2024
    Expand Collapse

Ultimately, you have the option to buy, or not buy. It is your job as a consumer to evaluate the product to determine it's worth to you. If $6 isn't worth it for you, then simply don't purchase. It's been tossed around that you're paying for the game, and then buying DLC. It is extremely common to buy DLC for any game.

Look as Microsoft Flight Simulator. Companies like PMDG have aircraft that sell for close to 100 dollars. This isn't anything new in the gaming world. It's not "Ruining" the community, it's upping the quality of mods because of someone can make a few dollars on something, they will actually make it and if the mod is high quality, it's worth a few dollars. Just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fastruck

Fastruck
    Expand Collapse

You're not joking back in the day
    I've spent close to 1,000 dollars on mods for fight sim

But the quality was very much appreciated for the price
    You pay for quality and to play

11. Qdog2024

Qdog2024
    Expand Collapse

Same here man. PMDG, VRS, all money well spent. Not to mention the PC upgrades to get those extra few FPS. Thankfully I didn't have to spend money on Saitek, or trackIR because of the FSX Blue Angels.

Point is, if you aren't willing to pay a few bucks for quality mods that you really enjoy, whats the point? To me, I have like 4 or 5 mods I truly enjoy. Other people like to download all of the mods and get bored of them in a day so it makes sense that they wouldn't want to spend money.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sergey_Jordan

Sergey_Jordan
    Expand Collapse

Intel xeon e5 2650 v3 10/20 cores/threads 80-100 fps on ultra (amd rx580 card) and 60-80 fps with 60 cars spawned (on settings high, not ultra)

13. VMFunPhysics

VMFunPhysics
    Expand Collapse

You probably meant 6 cars not 60? It's the single core performance that matters for now, unless Beam optimizes the cpu multicore usage to use more cores for single vehicle, until this happens - this kind of complex vehicle is only for the high end-like pc-s.
    You could try the Vulcan rendering, It actually helps a lot - It takes some of the load away from the cpu and uses gpu more efficiently.
    --- Post updated ---
    Making a frame fork would mean that the frame needs to have certain nodes at certain places, but different vehicles have different frames, Ideally the frame fork nodes should be exactly the same distance apart as the frame nodes, then there won't be forces, that may lead to instability. The wheel lift doesn't rely on the node position because it only supports the wheel nodes with collision triangles and wheels have a lot of nodes, that's why the wheels don't clip trough, but a frame fork would just clip through the frame, if nodes are not connected. But it should be experimented.

#193 VMFunPhysics, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sergey_Jordan

Sergey_Jordan
    Expand Collapse

спасибо большое, и я не ошибся, именно 60 машин)) upload_2024-1-12_17-37-25.png

15. VMFunPhysics

VMFunPhysics
    Expand Collapse

Ok, that's probably the Xeon multitasking capabilities, I started to have fps problems with 34 simple cars, although I can run the Jerr Dan at 60 fps (limited to 60)

#195 VMFunPhysics, Jan 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  16. Qdog2024

Qdog2024
    Expand Collapse

Okay, then the wheel lift makes more sense now. There would have to be a consistent node set up between every single frame in order to incorporate frame forks.

Makes me wonder if maybe having adjustable frame forks to increase or decrease their width could make that feasible, but again you run into more keybinds, more nodes, more to go wrong, or more to cause performance issues, all to still have the same issue with not all the frames having nodes to attach to. Definitely good choice with the wheel lift. Still realistic and works across multiple vehicles.

17. AWilson3342

AWilson3342
    Expand Collapse

Forgive the crappy photos but this is by far one of my favourite mods for beamng now. If used properly, you can do actual recoveries now, along with towing.

Attached Files:

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    • IMG_0185.jpeg
    • IMG_0186.jpeg
    • IMG_0187.jpeg
    • IMG_0188.jpeg
    • IMG_0189.jpeg
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Qdog2024

Qdog2024
    Expand Collapse

Same here. I've been waiting for this mod for years. I've always wanted winches, and tow trucks to pick up the messes I create haha

19. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

Just out of curiosity, would you consider making a version with kenworth badges on it as iirc this is a kenworth t880 right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. KenKen911

KenKen911
    Expand Collapse

Heavy lifting operations (32301LB)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-12-29_21-33-22.png
    • screenshot_2023-12-29_21-33-29.png
    • screenshot_2024-01-13_13-02-54.png
    #200 KenKen911, Jan 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice