WIP Beta released JDM D-Series "Ibishu Dove" 4.1.0

a budget orientated D-Series for non US markets

1. LambdaFire1401

LambdaFire1401
    Expand Collapse

I have found a fix for the drooping engine problem for this mod and others like it, it is one simple line of code that you install into the motor's JBEAM file, here it is:

["pickup_enginemounts","pickup_enginemounts", "Engine Mounts", {"coreSlot":true}],

this goes on line 11 of the JBEAM file FOR ALL DROOPING ENGINES. here is a video describing the topic in better detail (not mine): I hope this works for all of you, ciao!

-Clyde

2. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

Atm since the creator of this didn't connect for almost 2 year now i have fixed the texture issue there's a small problem still with the inside middle rearview mirror and i fixed the texture of the engine

so i hope y'all enjoy those fix took 3 day to find texture and things like that just to make it work normally if there's any other bug just post it in here im gonna be glad to fix them !

Credit for the fix itself

-Me
    - @monobrau For helping me and helping me mentally wise to continue the fix and find and fix the engine texture
    - @LambdaFire1401 for showing how to fix the Jbeam engine falling issue

Fix made by me and @monobrau

screenshot_2023-01-25_20-20-55.png screenshot_2023-01-25_21-47-35.png screenshot_2023-01-25_04-16-30.png

Attached Files:

#162 ZynAryane, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
  3. LambdaFire1401

LambdaFire1401
    Expand Collapse

oh hey thats me, schweet
    --- Post updated ---
    thanks for the fix, we really needed that. and I'm glad that I was able to help, even though I didn't know that i was :3

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

You did, I realised that the engine bug was in JBEAM and was able to fix another issue because i started to understand JBEAM better thankfully to that

5. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Noice

• Like Like x 1
  6. LambdaFire1401

LambdaFire1401
    Expand Collapse

turns out that for me at least the jBeam is still broken, i can probably fix it since ive done it before, and then at your request give you your version with the fixed jbeam and then you can post that

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

Sure i can look up if i posted the right file too but you mean that the engine is still falling on the ground? or the fact that the engine torquetwist like a V8 500+ hp?

#167 ZynAryane, Feb 26, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  8. LambdaFire1401

LambdaFire1401
    Expand Collapse

engine still droops, i havent checked for motor mounts yet, and the v8 issue i havent looked at, and the headlights are still messed up, i think that you posed the older version that you didnt fix lol, oh well everyone makes mistakes! thats why its important to rename the fixed file.

EDIT: turns out that the configs were fixed, still has the texture issues on the headlights though, it was just my old configs that had the issue, sorry

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

Did you clear the cache of the mod in Temp/Vehicle/Pickup?

(EDIT) Because mine still work like a charm

10. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

On the fixed version, the steering wheel doesen't have textures

11. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why the Ibishu Steering wheel is an option when this mod was intented to use the Hopper or the Gavril Steering im gonna look for removing the Ibishu Steering wheel option upload_2023-2-28_18-13-57.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I renamed only when the original file when i finished the light and engine fixes, so that is the last version, i look up today since i was not sure but it is... upload_2023-2-28_18-16-24.png upload_2023-2-28_18-17-43.png

(Known Bug so far)

Rearview Mirror UV map being broken
    Front blinker when the front bumper is removed the UV map change for some reason and fixes itself when the blinker is broken
    Ibishu wheel having no texture (Still i need to decide if i remove it or fix it)
    Hopper wheel not being attached correctly to the steering column
    Engine mount are wobbly

#171 ZynAryane, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. subiedoobie420x

subiedoobie420x
    Expand Collapse

Awesome fix, thank you for reviving old mod! been having so much fun messing around with this mod and just beating on this pickup. just curious as I've been drifting this little mini truck around and after a couple laps it seems the engine mounts will fail especially after a couple clutch kicks, I am no coder but is there a way to strengthen the engine mounts in the Jbeam file? Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Truck-truckin-truck

Truck-truckin-truck
    Expand Collapse

The reason why it has the Ibishu Steering wheel is because this was the Ibishu Dove, and it was just offered as an option since it's Ibishu

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MrConu2

MrConu2
    Expand Collapse

I love the mod, but I would like openable doors. :)

15. The_noob6499

The_noob6499
    Expand Collapse

I hope this get updated one day, cause its a good mod but some of the textures are untextured

16. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Here’s a fix:

17. TehSpoopyKitteh

TehSpoopyKitteh
    Expand Collapse

OMG Thank you so much for this!!

NOTE: If anyone has messed up front turn signals, just delete the temp folder in the BeamNG user folder and the problem is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZynAryane

ZynAryane
    Expand Collapse

Thx for telling me ab the Jbeam being too weak but for now, im not gonna work on this fix for now, IRL life and taking a step back of BeamNG. I did alot of fix in old mods that i can't publish since they are some mod creator that doesn't update these and that don't want the people to fix and enjoy those old classic mod that i kinda lost interest for now.. I dont wanna feel like im pushing and forcing myself to do something you know

But for else thank you for the positive feedback/Encouragement Cheers!

Thanks for the positive and helpful small tips about the cache i think i forgot to write it in my original post!

19. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

Is the missing steering wheel fixed ?

20. Taku-chan

Taku-chan
    Expand Collapse

Does this openable yet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice