1. Stuck or having problems creating your mod?

WIP JBeam Maya Tools

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by BHowie, Sep 10, 2019 at 6:16 AM.

1. BHowie

BHowie
    Expand Collapse

This will be my attempt at some modding tools mostly revolving around Maya as the main DCC tool. The goal with this set of tools is to (hopefully) beable todo all the editing for a car mod in Maya without having to edit jbeam files.

I have it setup as Nodes == locators, Beams == curves. Currently I have some code working that will generate these structures from a mesh.

Manual editing would be done by moving, creating, editing locators, connecting, deleting beams to locators, etc..

Color coding would also likely be super useful.

As of now I’ve got the basics working and loading into BeamNG. There are issues with getting meshes because maya’s default axis-up but there are some easy workarounds during publishing to fix that.

I’ll be updating the source code that can be found on GitHub here: https://github.com/bhowiebkr/jbeam-maya-tools

• Like Like x 3
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  2. JDM_Drifter

JDM_Drifter
    Expand Collapse

This blows me away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice