1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

issues with DirectX

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Calis60, Mar 1, 2019.

1. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

early access comes with no guarantees.

expecting a game in continual development to support such massively antiquated graphics APIs is insane. they stand to gain more by simplifying development than they do to "lose" customers still running on 10+ year old hardware.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Every new game is gonna start moving to DX11, and you’re gonna fuss about it? This argument is beyond pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

i guess they may as well implement opengl, Glide, and dx8.

they made branches available for the last versions to support dx9/dx10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

You do realize that a large majority of the people who play the game are still in school and of course don't have the means to get money and if so not enough to get a super powerful pc

5. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Look at the example of the iPhone 4S. I used to have one until about a year ago. It supported versions of iOS up to iOS 9, which was unheard of levels of support from Apple. However, the problem was that it was impossibly slow to use, so many people had to upgrade. The device would've been pretty much unusable if it was supported up to iOS 10, which is the upper limit for all devices before 2013 anyways, because of the switch to x64. DX10 is a severely outdated graphics API, at the age of 12 years old. In computer terms, that is archaic. It is likely that even if DX10 continued, progress for BeamNG would just be more difficult, thus making the deprecation of DX10 necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Super powerful? You don’t need a super powerful computer to simply run BeamNG. Just get a new laptop, a computer. You’ll be able to find something for sale. Nor do I think DirectX ups the price or anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

For those feeling like the game has been "taken away" from them, read this:

https://wiki.beamng.com/Incompatible_DirectX

You'll find instructions to download the last game version - which won't receive any more updates - to support DX10.

Anyway... Even the most recent Intel IGPs are below the minimum system requirements for the game. You can't really blame the developers for ignoring the prerequisites before purchasing a product.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Dx10 is a very old driver, first released in 2006. It is unfortunately rather limited, and it is impossible for the devs to continue to improve the game while maintaining compatibility. However, you can still select Dx10 compatibilty mode in steam, which will allow the game to run version 0.14, which was stable with Dx10.

Also, if you have a desktop, Dx11 isn't out of reach. An older GPU such as the Nvidia GT 620 can be purchased for as little as $15 dollars, and can support up to Dx12. Unfortunately, those with a laptop will have no such luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

I purchased the product when they were above the minimal requirements

10. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

...And? Things change..what else can we say?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

You purchased a product above the minimum requirements, not the recommended requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

How much would you expect a new or second hand pc capable of running beamng to cost?

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Depends on how good you want it to run... I'd say $500 minimum?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

At the time my laptop was at and a tiny small bit over the recommended requirements

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The only recent change was the clear mention of DX11 support among the requirements.

Intel IGPs even produce a warning in game for sub-optimal performance, and they have for years now.

16. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

per my previous comment, a Nvidia GT 620 GPU, capable of supporting up to Dx12, costs as little as $15 dollars, and can be installed in any desktop. Unfortunatley, you cannot install it in a laptop, however, one that can support Dx11 would likley cost ~$150, although it would run awful

17. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

My PC has mid-2012 business-grade specs. Got it new in late 2013. Slapped a GTX 1050 in it in mid-2017. Runs BeamNG pretty well. What exactly is your excuse?

18. Calis60

Calis60
    Expand Collapse

How much would that cost
    --- Post updated ---
    Would it be possible to upgrade my current pc to an ok standard of so how much do you think it would be

19. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Well, how much would a GTX 1050 cost? It’s not that hard.

I don’t think your PC is really upgradable, especially because it’s a laptop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

It is possible, I know someone that does it. But it’s hard and risky.

#40 IAchievedBacon, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice