1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Is the Sbr4 slower?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by derpfleet55, Dec 20, 2015.

1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Hope this is the right place to post this, if not please tell me and i will remove it.

**To be clear this is not a complaint post, just an observation that i am unsure of.

I find the Sbr4 is somewhat slower in the new update, as It seems to run about 3 tenths of a second slower to 62mph (100kmph). Furthermore on the "Highspeed Highway" scenario i am running times around 2:03-2:05, which is quite a bit slower than my previous personal best of 2:00:43, and whatever i do i cant seem to reach times matching pre-update. Am I crazy or is the Sbr4 slower? My assumption is that the turbo coding has slowed the car somewhat, which makes some sense considering it is a turbo and relies on boost to produce its power, which is not as reliable power-wise as purely NA engine. Otherwise the car's handling does seem more twitchy, in that it is easier to enter corners with or change direction in a corner(**without esc)
    Grip seems about the same (with the tts2 tires and rims), although some testing tells me it was about .1-.2 g off what i was finding before the update, though that can be clocked down to experimental error. The tts2 rims being overly bendy has been fixed it seems however.

tldr; Is the sbr4 slower due to the new turbo coding, or have i lost my marbles?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

turbo lag I think probably is playing into it

• Like Like x 1
  3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We did globally reduce tire grip by about 9%, since it was a bit too high and our other handling changes had improved things enough that we could afford to do so. It's also very possible that the new turbos are not configured to create exactly the same amount of power as the old fake setup, though I tried to get them as close as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice