1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

is BeamNG improving FPS with updates?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kw433 (Kevin W), May 26, 2015.

1. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

yeah but it solved the installation problem with java. The problem was the same. I click and nothing happens.

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

bruh

your computer is FUBAR.

Whether it be Windows Vista, or a hardware fault, you need a new computer. You've had nothing but issues with this computer, and even if you solve these issues, you'll still be disappointed with the performance of the computer; it's an old laptop, and you're trying to run very intensive games that even top-of-the-line gaming desktops struggle with. And to top it off, your remedy to the performance issue is to buy a better CPU, but if you want my opinion: don't bother trying to upgrade the CPU - there's a high change it won't work. Keep in mind that a laptop's PSU may not be able to properly power a beefier CPU, especially an older PSU as older capacitors don't work like they used to. Additionally, consider that the BIOS may not support a different CPU.

Finally, the performance increase will be like going from 4 FPS to 6 FPS. Mathematically it's a nice increase, but the point is that both of these CPUs are old, laptop processor that most certainly will not play well with an intensive game like BeamNG.

Good luck either way. ;)

3. thesadsnail

thesadsnail
    Expand Collapse

dont worry i run:
    [h=1]Intel Core I7 5960X EXTREME 3.5Ghz OCTore[/h][h=1]Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB DDR5[/h]
    and mine still lags so tbh i dont know what they are doing about that.
    its more that its still an alpha engine, im sure theyll fix it once its a full beta

4. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

How many fps does your computer get?

5. Sirius2003

Sirius2003
    Expand Collapse

I have an i5 4440 and an evga GTX 750 ti FTW, and i get 60 fps on grid map with normal settings, and 40 in maps with vegitation. But I have a crappy pre-built case that acts like a toaster since it has very little ventlation,and is all metal. I hit 72 degrees celcius when playing with the big rig in the new forest map. My desktop is not even a year old yet.
    I am really suprised that your laptop even runs beamng. My cousin has a desktop with some AMD cpu at about 2 ghz, and he gets like 10 fps on gridmap. He also has a pretty good case with lots of fans.

Not to brag, but I hit 2147 fps in minecraft once. (im proud)

Attached Files:

• IMG_20150203_071321.jpg
    #85 Sirius2003, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG's peformance is never the same, one update I'm running 60 fps on very high settings, but the next I could be stuck on low settings getting 40 - 60, you can see my specs in my signature, I had a 5 year old laptop try to play SpinTires, a game that a iPad 2 could play, it lagged on 600 x 800, so I'm sure your 7 year old Vista isn't going to go very well on a game that requires a high end gaming CPU, and even with that it still lags, BeamNG is early access, your peformance will always change.

7. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I have the last generation of your top-end hardware (4960x + 780Ti), and it runs beautifully with maxed-out settings in 1440p, as it has from the beginning. Is it a known issue that part of this hardware doesn't perform well with BeamNG, or is something wrong for you? Also, you really need to overclock that CPU.

8. thesadsnail

thesadsnail
    Expand Collapse

about 100+ for games such as crisis, battlefield etc. but for beam-ng i seem to get about 50 with sudden fps drops that last for about 30-40 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

i know i need to overclock it. but i don't see the need as i can run all the of the high graphic games such as project cars, battlefield etc. at top graphics without a problem. so i dont see why i should have such a issue running beam ng when i have one of the best processor+video card on the market

9. drdjworks

drdjworks
    Expand Collapse

The engine of the game is not optimzed very well. And it does not support DirectX 11.

10. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

yesterday I installed both service packs, but BeamNG.techdemo wont run...

11. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Installing SPs won't make your computer any better... :rolleyes:
    Get over it, you need a new new pc, there's no way around that...

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

13. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

14. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yes, your computer is the problem...

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Something is heavily damaged in your PC.

129°C and still working sounds really, really harmful. Your PC should emergency shutdown at 98°C, if it didn't, it probably caused serious damages already.
    And the fact there was heat marks is also probably linked to that. And no. You can't judge if the hardware is ok or not just by looking at it.

16. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday I my pc was perfect: 40 FPS on Rigs of rods, a Gavril MV4 and Benchmark Layout A. Now? 7. I know why. I installed Bluestacks and I got an Adware.

17. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Your PC hasn't been perfect for weeks, if not months.

18. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

no

it wasn't perfect.

it can't install programs

it can't run without bluescreening

it can't have stable performance

it hit 129C

we want to help, but I think there's no helping your computer.

19. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Look, your computer is an ancient relic at this point. It's a wonder that it still turns on. Take it for what it is and get a new one.

20. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Hi, now I've got another laptop: an Asus X50GLseries. But it has got Windows Vista as well. So I want to upgrade both of them (Also my old Acer) to Windows 10... But I am undecided if to buy Windows 8.1 and then get the free upgrade or wait for it to be released the next month and buy Windows 10 from eBay...
    Any advice?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice