1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

is BeamNG improving FPS with updates?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kw433 (Kevin W), May 26, 2015.

1. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

none of them worked.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 but nothing. I need first to completely delete Vista.
    I cant. but it's fine for now, so I dont need to upgrade

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It sounds like you are missing some redistributable software (VCRedist or something like that). I'm not totally sure.

3. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Where can I download it?

4. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

You seem to know very little about computer hardware, yet you can tell if a mainboard or GPU is bad just by looking at it?

54335408.jpg

Also, nothing should melt or have burn marks on it.

Upgrading your CPU would be a waste of money in my opinion.

5. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

what I like about computers is the hardware, not the software. I know exactly how a CPU works, a hard disk, I know a little bit about graphic cards but not much about the core (GPU), so... I'm learning. But as you can see on the title, this is not the topic. Rather than say that I know a little bit, you could help me solve this problem and maybe help me find a good cpu for my pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I can.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

No, you can't. Most damage is not visible.

In circuit board testing, a visual inspection is often said to be totally meaningless as 99% of issues are not visible to the naked eye.

I actually have 2 chips right here, would photograph them but that's effort. To naked eye they are identical. Yet one I inadvertently connected to wrong voltage and destroyed it internally, externally its identical.

You absolutely cannot tell components are good just because they look fine.

As for good CPUs for your PC. There are none. The best available for that socket is like a 10% improvement, you're dealing with stuff from another decade. Its not worth it. Save longer, buy new laptop or desktop.

7. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

I mean the quality. Of course no one can
    I really like my laptop, I cannot throw it away and buy a 120 pounds HP Stream 11, I cant. If I will buy another PC, I will buy it to play Multiplayer.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Not what you originally said. People been querying hardware failure and you're insisting everything is perfect when you open it.

9. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

I know it. But what I mean is that the pc is perfectly working, as I'm typing now.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no more BSOD, no more crashes of any kind, no more slow pc, no more problems. Just that I cant launch BeamNG.drive techdemo, but the support team told me that it's not compatible with Vista.

10. drdjworks

drdjworks
    Expand Collapse

Then get a newer OS, i suggest Windows 8.1. But if I was you, I would just get a new pc, its not worth it to invest in an old and damaged laptop.

11. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I want to change OS. But not right now. Is there a way to test every component of my laptop and maybe change the damaged parts?

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

With many hours with a multimeter, datasheets and possibly an xray machine yeah.

But its not worth it.

Laptops are not built to have replaceable components. While I can actually obtain the core i5 + Nvidia GPU motherboard for my laptop, it actually costs £50 more than just buying that version of the laptop in the first place.

Really in a laptop, the only replaceables are RAM and HDD (plus in my case mSATA SSD, but that requires a full teardown to do). If the CPU is socketed, then yes that can be replaced, but laptop sockets change all the time, you have a 7 year old laptop, you are going to be limited to 6 or 7 year old CPUs, its also a rarity they bother with a socket as the socket costs more while increasing thickness of the motherboard, plus the motherboard itself can act as an additional heatsink for the directly soldered chips (and to top that off, the direct soldered chip is cheaper than the socketed chip). It genuinely makes more financial and technical sense to directly solder the CPU in a laptop. GPUs are also more conventionally directly soldered, and even on the ones that are placed on a removable card, the manufacture creates a card proprietary to their laptop (there have been a few attempts at standardised cards before, but none have taken off) so you are still stuck buying a GPU specific to your laptop only. PLus once again, from a technical and financial perspective it is better to integrate onto the motherboard anyway. For models without a GPU they either simply neglect to solder on the GPU components or they produce a simplified motherboard, this is still cheaper than socketed GPUs so rather popular.

Repairing them, when new, not worth it. WHen old, you've got to hunt those parts down, really not worth it.

Its 7 years old. That its lasted this long is a miracle, generally laptops are built to last 3 or 4. Don't bother upgrading it, just save longer and get a new one or get a desktop, and not an HP Stream 11, they are basically netbooks, the modern Celerons they are using are simply Atoms rebranded. True atom is alot better than it was, but BeamNG is a slideshow on one (I have an atom tablet, 1.86ghz in turbo, 4fps with a D15 on pure grid minimum settings). A stream 11 would potentially even be a downgrade. Plus only 2gb of RAM and 32gb of eMMC (both non replaceable).

13. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

I mean to test it with a software. An alienware M18X is the best laptop that a gamer can buy, because its built like a desktop, but they are expensive

14. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

What? The Alienware M18X is pretty dated now and even at the time was far from the best laptop a gamer could buy...

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Alienware you pay for the brand, plus they are riddled with build quality and cooling issues. Other manufacturers gaming laptops are better.
    Besides, to get a suitable upgrade from that thing, you dont need a gaming laptop.

Testing issues with software. Not really. Most you can do is check windows event viewer, only really kicks in when an error does occur. If its not BSOD'ing anymore, then it may have simply been an unstable overclock or a driver crash. But you should still address those temps.

Btw, since you bought it up earlier. You don't need to replace the thermal paste yearly, sure you can if you want (seems cwazywazy loves replacing thermal paste in laptops on a daily basis), but 7 years is a bit long without replacement. My desktop and previous laptop I did after 3 years.

16. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Ok, for now I just want to make sure BeamNG will work on my pc, at least playable. I tried to download the demo from Internet explorer to check if the issue was from there, because it happened the same thing today with Java. Not I'll try to download it from FireFox.

17. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

I'm not interested in holding someone's hand to help them with something they could easily Google for themselves. Beside that, I already told you that if that computer was mine, I wouldn't bother upgrading it because it doesn't support anything worth buying at this time.

18. sylphide

sylphide
    Expand Collapse

Can I just say this has been the most entertaining thread ive ever read.

19. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Internet explorer didn't solved the problem.

20. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Internet explorer doesn't solve anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice