1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

is BeamNG improving FPS with updates?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kw433 (Kevin W), May 26, 2015.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Probably hardware failure then. Unless there is a specific error code on the BSOD that you can look up, and there is.

2. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

okay, so a factory backup will solve the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I am using the pc now. It is fine, but for now...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there is an error code, but I am not an "Hacker"... I dont know about that, I just know a bit about hardware

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If its hardware, then no, factory backup cant fix shit.

there is this wonderful tool called google. Stick error code in there. Job done.

4. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

but I dont remember the code and I dont think its an hardware problem, because the computer was fine before...
    every day it runs at 80 degrees, its medium temperature when gaming.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

get a phone out, take picture of error code.

80 degrees is too high, prolonged running at those temps will cause hardware failure.

6. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

ok.
    The temperature right now is 63 degrees celsius, the GPU temperature.
    Both cpu are at 61 degrees
    No gaming today

- - - Updated - - -

is any thermal paste good or do I need a specific one for gaming?

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If its from a name brand, then it'll be fine, going for high end pastes just doesnt really make a difference. There are some unbranded sets on ebay/amazon, I'd perhaps avoid those. But you can get paste for about £5-10 in store in maplin, local PC shops might sell it, often PC shops will even do the job for you but its my personal belief its a waste of money unless you are not confident in your ability to do it yourself.

There are a few guides to it online. Its equally important that you do not use too much thermal paste and that the surface is clean before application as it is that you have thermal paste at all. Too much thermal paste acts as an insulator, the thermal paste does conduct heat from CPU to heatsink but not as well as CPU to heatsink directly. Normally the thermal paste exists to fill in any gaps between the surface of the heat sink and the CPU, you literally only want enough to fill those airgaps, the spots where there is no heat conduction from CPU to heatsink (as the air is a poor conductor of heat), too much and because the thermal paste isnt the worlds best heat conductor and you are insulating the chip from the heatsink a little. Pay attention to the amount used in tutorials online.

1 little tube you buy somewhere is multiple applications.

8. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I'm been to currys PC world megastore and I've seen some thermal paste.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Anything they sell should be fine.

I do have a tube of some nicer stuff somewhere, havent even opened it. Been using the stuff that came free with my 212 evo cooler.

10. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

ok, so when I will go there I will buy some and learn how to apply it.
    If I want to change the cpu into a faster one, like 2.30 Ghz and maybe help the PC to cool down with a better cooling pad of course,
    are other modern cpu compatible with my laptop's motherboard?
    This has been my first laptop (I had an old desktop pc, I think it was an HP, I dont remember).

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Most laptops do not have interchangeable CPUs. Besides, even if it was one of the rare few that allows it, you're still going to be limited to 7 year old parts. It would be more cost effective to buy a new laptop than attempt upgrade on that ancient artifact.

The CPU in most laptops (90%+) is soldered straight onto the motherboard rather than being in a socket.

12. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

You'd just have to find out what socket it is and than google if it's compadible with all of the other components in your PC.
    Changing the cooler on a laptop is not as easy though, I just recommend you get one of these things with four fans that you put under your laptop to cool it (if you wanna buy one of these, then please remember that they need USB ports, or else you'll have a problem)

13. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Only 4? LoL I found a digital one with 6 on eBay s-l1000.jpg
    For cooling pad I mean this

14. Algonquin_Hood

Algonquin_Hood
    Expand Collapse

Download the program 'WhoCrashed' and analyze. If you haven't restarted your laptop directly right after the BSoD, you should have a dump file which WhoCrashed is able to read. That's where you get error names from.

15. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

Ok. However, I'm ready to make a factory reset. Do I need to do it?

- - - Updated - - -

On my laptop there are 4 USB ports and in the video you can see that I already have a cooling pad. It's quite noisy and it doesn't cool more than 1°C.

16. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

This has probably been suggested already, but at this point your only real option is to get a new computer. It's a miracle your laptop still works, but I wouldn't test your luck- judging by what you've said, it's probably suffered major damage internally and to the motherboard and is probably teetering on the edge. Repairing it would cost much, much more than it's worth.

17. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

it works. and better!!!!!!! It goes like a train now :D
    -Also downloaded Mozilla Firefox
    No more BSOD

- - - Updated - - -

The motherboard is perfect, the graphic card as well. Looking at my pc's motherboard, there is nothing wrong. But there is something that melt: the alluminium anti-heat cover. It has heat marks.
    This one: The photo is from internet, not mine. I will show you my pc's cover tomorrow morning, now the pc is too hot to access to the motherboard.
    $_35.JPG If you look on the other side of this piece there is a panel made of iron or alluminium, I do not know. But that has got a bit of heat marks. But the computer is ok, it perfectly works, like a brand new pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I can't find any tutorial on YouTube on how to change the cpu on my laptop...
    But why do they sell Intel T5450 CPUs on eBay? Maybe there's a way to do it, maybe it has a socket.
    I found many used CPU for my laptop so there is a chance that it is possible

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm back on the pc. Today I noticed on my computer that is very complicated to reach the CPU, and that's a trouble if I need to change the thermal paste every year. It is right under the heatsink, and the heatsink is quite difficult to remove... But there are also god news: The CPU is in a socket!!!!!
    Yaaaaay I can upgrade my pc to 2.13 Ghz and above :D
    So I am 100% sure I will buy BeamNG.Drive when it will be released on Steam

#57 Kw433 (Kevin W), May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  18. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget looking up what socket it's for and finding matching CPUs.
    If you get an other CPU, it might run very hot, aince the laptop wasn't designed for anything but that CPU.
    It also wasn't designed for changing the CPU.

19. Kw433 (Kevin W)

Kw433 (Kevin W)
    Expand Collapse

ok, thanks.
    My laptop has been made in 2 versions: The 1.6 Ghz wth 4 Gigs of ram and the 2.0 Ghz with 2 gigs of ram. So it should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question: Is BeamNG.Drive compatible with Windows Vista?
    I'm trying to use the techdemo but it doesnt work.
    This is what I've done step by step right now:
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try using compatibility mode (right click on the BeamNG exe, properties..).
    Or try launching it from the .exe in the Bin32 folder.

Also, Vista is bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice