IOS 11

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Spiicy, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

As you can tell this thread is about IOS 11
    It is coming out tomorrow and I will get it.
    I guess this is a discussion thread about what you like or what is just dumb
    what I know so far:
    Siri is getting revamped =)

2. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

IOS 11 is probably my favorite IOS version of all time

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

It has not come out yet but im guessing it will be good

4. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

Well, the GM is relased.

5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

True

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

My phone is still on IOS 8.3, I don't like the new IOS versions. I think they don't look very nice.

Just got a special order iPhone SE on Friday and it'll be here at the end of the week, wonder if it'll come with IOS 10 or 11.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

I got my iPhone 6 last week, Installed iOS 11 on it right away

all I can say is that it is fugen awesome, VERY swift and good looking. Runs VEERY smooth

• Like Like x 2
  8. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I just have an iPod touch 6th gen and im getting ios 11 on it =) my phone is not good at all but i usualy text people anyways

9. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

I have an iPhone 4 that got cut off at 9.3.1 :) I'm glad they did cut it off because I can type a search in safari and after I'm done typing I can watch the phone type everything in that I had typed 10 seconds earlier :p

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I think my mums phone will get it but shes not upgrading to any new phone, I know that much why replace a perfectly good working phone for a simple update, I am sure that I will get use to it eventually but I am squarely in the Android camp myself, but I can dabble with iOS if I find the time to

11. Dario555

Dario555
    Expand Collapse

I have iOS 11 beta on my iPod 6th gen and I am loving it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I kept my iPhone 4S for years. I don't remember why I replaced with a 5S, I just remember I didn't want to switch and got absolutely livid at the Sprint salesman who tried to force an iPhone 6 on me. I think two of the buttons were broken, but that's a fairly easy fix if one has the necessary tools.

Although my current 16G 5S is perfectly good and only 18ish months old, I am upgrading to a 128G SE. It will be about $5/month cheaper cellular bill and hopefully extend the time I can use the 4in iPhones (I prefer them over the new designs for a couple reasons and I can't see Apple offering this design for much longer. They aren't exacty one for giving their customers options).

I will certainly miss the IOS 8.3 ascetics though, it's so much nicer looking than the current versions. I don't know why people obsess over IOS updates. They usually just add some unnecessary silly feature, make everything uglier and geared towards marketing their new products (ex: iTunes turning into marketing for Apple radio instead of a place to listen to music) and so on. Two people I know like the fact that they improve security features, but is improving an already satisfactory security system really worth all the fuss?

(Getting a 128G phone because I need more than 32G but for some totally mysterious reason they discountinued the 64G. Weird. It's almost like everyone I know needs more than 32G but less than 128G and they can make more money by forcing people to buy the 128G...)

#12 ManfredE3, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  13. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

i guess it is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it. in my case "i hate it with a passion as every apple device i have ever owned has been a pile of hunk. also, the second ios 11 comes out. ios 10 will become slower

#13 lyndon123, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

apple sucks

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. BlakerCx

BlakerCx
    Expand Collapse

I have it on my iPod Touch 6th gen and it runs a little laggy, idk why. In my iPhone 6S, i think i'll be staying on iOS 10.3.1. I love iOS 11, but iOS 10 runs better. I will install it on the 6S of my father and i'll see how it goes :p

16. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

why is that

18. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

:|

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

It comes out in 20min =)

20. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

iOS. Getting closer to android every year.

On a serious note, the only Apple device I currently have (and even wanna get rid of actually) is the old iPad mini 2 (terrible mistake), and I will download it just to test it out. seems to be the best iOS so far though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice