Introduction to Vehicle Creation - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by B25Mitch, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Deleted member 108842

Deleted member 108842
    Expand Collapse

This tutorial is pretty good. I'm just starting it. The only thing I don't like is that the whole tutorial is about the "tug" thing, and I wish it was on something like a car with an interior, chassis, and stuff like that. My main problem is under the "Nodes and Beams" section. I am making a Ford Mustang, (which I won't release, it will be mine only, sorry). But the thing is - should I start editing the default cube to make the bare chassis first, or the body and then the chassis later, or...?? I mean, man, I really wish that there was a much more descriptive explanation on this whole mod making process somewhere on the internet. No offense. I just don't understand things very easily - unless I'm watching a video. :p

2. Nandelor

Nandelor
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a slight issue. Whenever I try to put the script in the folders and export it never exports the jbeam file.

3. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Try leaving the filename blank.

4. Nandelor

Nandelor
    Expand Collapse

As in the .blend file?

5. DJpands

DJpands
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi im wondering if there is a video of how to make maps/mods for BeamNG.Drive? if thair is please leave a link or commate on this post.

If there isn't a video can you the developers make one or staff members make a video about it!
    Thank you if you can make a video because im a vile learner and reading plus learning isn't my thing :)
    Thank you for your support from soon your mod developer :Andy/DJpands
    :>
    :)

6. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

I can't be the only one that instantly ignores posts that use alternate fonts, right? I mean, changing the font family, size and/or colour means that you are actually putting work into your post, except you're putting all that work towards making your post less readable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

I´ve got an problem:
    The jbeam structure works, but I won´t get the mesh, this error occurs all the time:

I´ve first created bigger models but it didn´t worked, so this time I simply made an box and copy/paste all the lines of the nice tutorial but it still does not work.
    I´m using Blender 2.73a and .drive 0.5.1.0
    Thanks for help!

Attached Files:

8. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Looks like your mesh is only named "Cube", but in the jbeam it's "Tug_body". Rename the wesh and it should work.
    TbmPo0E.png

You can easily change the mesh name in Blender in the properties tab;
    Ci98vw5.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: Yes! Thats it. And I was almost dying here 'cause I couldn't find the mistake. THANK YOU!

10. schumacher

schumacher
    Expand Collapse

ok so I got the picture to work and baked it but it saves it as png (I have no black background, I can see through :( )

#90 schumacher, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  11. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Very good tutorial. I just have a problem 30 mins into my vehicle;
    I'm having a problem where the car doesn't seem to load at all. I can't even open up the lua or whatever you call it by pressing `. The camera just looks as if it is following something that is floating. Anyway, I'll upload the file.
    (BTW, THIS IS MY FIRST MODEL!! DON'T DIS BECAUSE i'M A N00B!)
    Thank you for responding and thank you so much Mitch for this great tutorial!

Attached Files:

12. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

It works completely, you can make the jbeam structure and the nodes viewable by hitting K or L, not `.:rolleyes:

13. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Whatever, I scrapped everything I knew and loved about that model (which was nothing) and now i have a simple question:
    How do i make the roll bar of my car stronger than others?
    That's all... it might not even end up being an issue. But please reply anyway.

14. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Okay. I am officially done with this part. I did everything right but it still doesnt work properly. If someone could fix it that would be grand... It's really crap, but i don't care. I just want the feeling that i can do something in my life. Anyway, It loads and it says 'no texture' and all that other scrub stuff and only half of the model seems to load. If I have to ask one more question I give up. Trackcarmodel.blend is the seeable model and trackcar.blend is the jbeam.

Attached Files:

15. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Well balls. I'm just gonna continue... and thanks a lot!
    Don't forget to ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, and btw, can you please upload the unwrapped thing? that would be noice. Every time I try nothing happens.

#94 minisnooken, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  16. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Nah m8, I did it about 6 times and still aidsed up.

17. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I'll do it tomorrow. thanks anyway.
    Well, after trying more and stuff not working. I am deleting all the files permanently. The tutorial is fine but I do not have time for this.

#95 minisnooken, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  18. Jaka777

Jaka777
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I'm new here, and I decided to build my own car. Modelling in blender and exporting it to .jbeam didnt gave me any problems but, when I wanna check the structure in game it just makes it flat as soon as it gets on the ground.I used the same numbers as tutorial, I'll post the files and hopefully someone can help me. thanks.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. FalloutNode

FalloutNode
    Expand Collapse

Can i turn something like this into an JBeam please help.:(

Attached Files:

• beam.PNG
    • beam 2.PNG
  20. forzaguy

forzaguy
    Expand Collapse

thats a model, a jbeam is like the frame of the building, that would be like the exterior of it. in short yes

21. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

IM BACK LADDSSSSS!
    And this time i'm not gonna rage quit.
    So, I have a similar problem to last time, I didn't learn my lesson.
    The problem is that the visible model isn't, well, visible. I'll attach it. I couldn't find the issue myself.
    Thanks lads.
    --- Post updated ---
    The model looks good, but there are not enough triangles. I think you'd need to add some to the inside of the car to prevent it from collapsing on itself.

Attached Files:

22. arthur1104.tuwaidan

arthur1104.tuwaidan
    Expand Collapse

It won't bake and I had no idea about the UV Image creator
    Help please...

23. TechdemoFTW

TechdemoFTW
    Expand Collapse

I don't get how you go from editing the node/beam structure, to creating a visible mesh. I don't know how you do that. Do you have to change modes or something in blender? can you give me steps? Pictures of what I'm talking about below

Attached Files:

• start.PNG
    • end.PNG
  24. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE="AdR, post: 175585, member: 47276"]Yep, that's what I'm doing, as the jbeam exporter is only for Blender. I've been using 3dsmax to model for years, hard to get used to any other program now, but it's no big deal.
    Thanks for fixing that typo, I haven't got as far, but at least I've got a textured model with a custom jbeam working, so it's progress![/QUOTE]
    I believe that you can import 3DSMAX into Blender. What file type are they saved as? ".obj", ".dae" ??

#100 Mario64iscool2, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice