Introduction to scenarios creation

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Nadeox1, Jul 14, 2015.

1. NVT_06

NVT_06
    Expand Collapse

Clicco il tasto F11 e mi esce una vignetta "Loading the World Editor", ma dopo qualche secondo si chiude e tutto torna come se non fosse successo niente! :(
    ---
    I click the F11 button and a popup appears: "Loading the World Editor", but after a few seconds it closes and all is like before! :(

2. Dat-Mudkip

Dat-Mudkip
    Expand Collapse

I'm still having issues with the AI on my Pigeon Panic Scenario, but I figured out the issue with missing textures...in a nutshell, I needed to extract the material/source files from utah and put the copies in the "art" folder of the map I'm working on.

Are you in fullscreen mode? Because the World Editor doesn't work in fullscreen mode.

3. NVT_06

NVT_06
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but it works only sometimes (the map is Port)...

4. Scifer

Scifer
    Expand Collapse

I just started the tutorial and got stuck in the part where I unpacked the Starting Kit to:
    "My First Scenario" doesn't appear at in-game Scenarios section.

Edit: The picture has a wrong path. It worked with the path in the text:

#244 Scifer, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. ThoRen

ThoRen
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the tutorial. I'm new to this, but I came a long way with it and learned a lot. But now I'm stuck with placing the waypoints. I've put them on the map and in the .json file. I can see them in the editor, but when I start the scenario the waypoints aren't visible there.
    This is print from my .json file and my scene tree (with the 27 waypoints). Thanks for helping me out !

Attached Files:

• Schermopname248.png
    • Schermopname251.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's possible this is due the letter case not matching (beamngwaypoint > BeamNGWaypoint)
    Try adjusting, it should work then.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Verybumpy

Verybumpy
    Expand Collapse

The new editor is now in play and this thread's instructions does not appear fully applicable.

Can someone in the know kindly address the changes to make a scenario with the new editor?

8. Leandro.

Leandro.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I am having a similar issue. I can't find my user folder on the BeamNG folder over Documents. And whenever i save a prefab, it doens't show anywhere to save the file.

9. Tyler AC Cobra

Tyler AC Cobra
    Expand Collapse

The description in the .json file is not the one displayed in the game. Might anyone know where the file containing the actual description is?

(Its where we have: "scenarios.west_coast_usa.mountain_race.description" as the scenario description.)

Attached Files:

• issue.png
  10. zompanda

zompanda
    Expand Collapse

I'm using Steamplay on Linux so I'm not sure how applicable my discoveries are.

The location of the unpacked prefab and scenarios folder should go in STEAMDIR/steamapps/compatdata/284160/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Local Settings/Application Data/BeamNG.drive/0.22/mods/unpacked/YOUR_MOD_NAME/levels/east_coast_usa

or (and I'm guessing for WIndows users) %LOCALAPPDATA%\Local Settings\Application Data\BeamNG.drive\0.22\mods\unpacked\YOUR_MOD_NAME\levels\east_coast_usa

I successfully made a mod over the weekend using that dir with the goal of destroying a semi-trailer attached to a semi cab(using commands through json).

Code:
            "vehicles": {
                "*": {
                    "playerUsable": false
                },
                "scenario_player0": {
                    "playerUsable": true,
                    "startFocus": true
                },
                "cab1": {
                    "driver": {
                        "AiAggression": 0,
                        "ModeAI": "",
                        "command": "beamstate.activateAutoCoupling(); input.toggleEvent('parkingbrake')",
                        "player": false,
                        "required": true,
                        "startFocus": false
                    }
                },
                "trailer_crash": {
                    "driver": {
                        "command": "beamstate.activateAutoCoupling()",
                        "player": false,
                        "required": true,
                        "startFocus": false
                    }
                }
            },

11. Tom Steez

Tom Steez
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone, I'm new with beamng and really fascinated by this game so far!

I really tried giving this scenario building a go but I'm guessing this tutorial is very outdated.
    Hopefully someone can help.

I tried following the steps on the first page but getting stuck.

I was able to load "my_first_scenario" in game. Instead of choosing the same map as in the example, I chose Utah.

First awkward thing happening is that the car spawns under map in far below the mesh.

I still followed the described steps, paused game, then F11 to the editor

I was able to manually position the car back above the mesh, on normal ground.

From here it asks me to pack the prefab.

Seems like I had to do it once where it said "pack prefab",
    and then a second time where it said "pack into prefab" and that's when it asked me if I wanted to save it
    It's automatically putting me into the folder tree of the game when saving, so I overwrote the current one in the folders I had created like instructed in the tutorial, there was no way to save it to desktop.

From here it says that I should be able to reload my scenario and see my car positioned where I had left it.

The issue is that the map loads but no car at all loads.

I went into the editor and tried unpacking the prefab again, but now it's not even showing the scenario_player0 anymore

Also when pressing esc, I noticed on the left there is no options for cars neither.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some pointers on this.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice