1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu Pessima

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 13, 2012.

1. i8u4lunchk

i8u4lunchk
    Expand Collapse

i feel a bump is necessary to just get on the topic of a pessima wagon, gabe said he'd be trying to do all body styles, so the pessima wagon wouldn't require much work, just minor performance changes, weight changes, and of course the body shape. sorry if this bump isn't necessary but i feel like it is :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

This would likely be added quite a ways down the line, as right now, the devs are focused on adding new vehicles instead of new body styles, as it takes a lot more work than you'd think it would. It's not exactly a high priority, the same way that the 800 Series sedan body style isn't a high priority (even though there are badges located in the game files hinting at its future existence). Also, bumping official threads isn't discouraged by the community, as far as I know.

OT: I prefer this Pessima to the '88 Pessima, simply because of how awesome the V6 is in this car. It also feels much more tuned towards front-wheel-drive (which is nice, as I prefer front-wheel-drive over all-wheel-drive), and it's a fantastic autocross car for $5,000.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

All i know is if you wanted a prestine new car like the 99' or the 88' pessima, You would have to pay if im right around $16,000.

4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

$16K for a 15-30 year old midsize sedan? Are you crazy?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm kind of curious as to whether or not the HX pessima will eventually make a return, possibly as a hybrid.

As far as I know, the only things required ( other than the complex coding to allow both engines to input power, which is why we shouldn't expect any hybrids for a while) would be separating the grille from the hood and adding in a new, more aerodynamic one.

I'm kind of hoping the grille and hood will be separated regardless - it just doesn't look right to have the grille hanging there when everything else has been stripped down for a derby, drift missile, or dirt race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you could get $10K out of either Pessima from standard, but a rare street or motorsport edition of either of these two...now that would ring up some bills.

Also, this car is quite similar to the LeGran in several ways, no matter what people say about either of them. For example, both are/have...
    -Front-wheel-drive-only midsize sedans from the 1980s/1990s.
    -Big V6s instead of turbocharged inline-fours.
    -Sport versions which are semi-sporty (the LeGran Sport more focused on power, the Pessima Sport more focused on handling improvements)
    -At least three different engines (the LeGran has two L4s and two V6s, the Pessima has two L4s and one V6)
    -Surprisingly high top speeds (the LeGran can crack 150 mph in Sport form, while the Pessima can hit 133 mph in LX V6 form with the 5-speed auto)
    -Custom versions that don't add any horsepower to their production base variants (the only major differences between the Custom/Street Tuned and Sport versions are the wheels and the suspension, unlike every other Custom/Street Tuned variant of the stock vehicles, which all add at least some horsepower through either forced induction upgrades or engine swaps)
    -Limited customization
    -Excellent autocross performance for $5,000
    -Excellent sleeper bases
    -Worth less than $10,000, even when maxed out

7. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

I mean from its time. With actual car that seems in every way based off of it, from its time it was made i saw it was 16,000, so i thought that, sorry if its wrong, i done alot of research on the 99' pessima. @_@

8. i8u4lunchk

i8u4lunchk
    Expand Collapse

speaking of mid-size, pessima vs legran, i need a mod that combines the best, and worst qualities of both. (just fun to screw around in, 3.8l supercharged in an aerodynamic, lighter car) while maintaning the slightly luxurious mid-size sedan qualities.

9. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

Just to add I think its overweight for its category, looking at real life counterparts from the era ( 90's era Honda Accord, Ford Mondeo etc..), with its basic engine (1.8L I4), it should weigh around 1250-1300kg's comapared to the current 1400kg's.
    I couldn't find the Ibishu Covet thread, but the same goes there as well being roughly 100-150kg's overweigh, when comparing with say an 80's era Honda Civic.

Source: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

10. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

What if the added weight in game accounts for the absence of someone sitting in the driver's seat?

11. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

Probably.

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Super bump, but the Street Tuned version has to be one of the most awful cars in the game to drive. It has no power so acceleration becomes glacial once you hit 5th gear, the brakes lock at a touch causing the car to slew sideways if you're turning at all, and it has no grip despite some of the hardest suspension ever. Come to think of it, why was such a lightly-tuned car subjected to an ABS delete in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

"weight reduction bro"
    jokes aside, I think it's kind of deliberately meant to be a poorly done tuner car, kind of like the stanced version.
    (TBH, i'm kind of surprised that they never just made the "rather flush" version.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Isn't the street tuned version of this meant to be a joke?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

why?

16. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-3-4_15-23-9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

Because ricers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I was under the impression that the stanced variant was the only joke car, and that the "Street Tuned" variant was the Pessima's equivalent of similar configs for the old Pessima, Covet, Sunburst, etc. only suffering from a lack of engine tuning options.

19. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The Barstow Nightsnake is even a bigger joke

• Like Like x 1
  20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I have managed to salvage it somewhat with suspension tuning, then added more power just to see if I could bring its performance a little closer to some of the other Street Tuned cars.

PARTS EXCHANGED:

Engine Management: Stock ECU >>> Adjustable Race ECU
    Engine Long Block: Stock Long Block >>> Heavy Duty Long Block (stock one overtorques with even the lowest fixed N2O shot)
    Nitrous Oxide System: Empty >>> Nitrous Oxide Injection

SETTINGS CHANGED:

Engine/RPM Limit Cut Time: 0.13 s >>> 0.01 s
    Engine/RPM Limit: 6000 RPM >>> 7000 RPM (If you forgo the nitrous and upgraded long block, set this to 6600 as the stock one overrevs in that range; 6700 seems safe with a longer cut time but even 6650 can cause trouble with a shorter limiter, however 6600 isn't really enough overrun as the engine's horsepower peak is at 6400, so I set it to 7000 with the upgraded long block)

Suspension/Front/Bump Damping: 7000 N/m/s >>> 6000 N/m/s
    Suspension/Front/Rebound Damping: 15000 N/m/s >>> 13000 N/m/s
    Suspension/Front/Spring Rate: 71000 N/m >>> 50000 N/m

Suspension/Rear/Bump Damping: 5000 N/m/s >>> 4500 N/m/s
    Suspension/Rear/Rebound Damping: 10000 N/m/s >>> 9500 N/m/s
    Suspension/Rear/Spring Rate: 51000 N/m >>> 41000 N/m

Wheel Alignment/Front/Camber Adjust: 0% >>> -5%
    Wheel Alignment/Front/Toe Adjust: -20% >>> -35%

It's much better than before, but the front end still likes to bounce off the ground when landing from Utah's crests. This seems to be a problem with the stock one too. Going any softer on the front than I did may have actually made it worse, and may have also caused more on-power push. Lack of grip doesn't seem as much of a problem in Utah as it did on the C1 Loop mod, however it does still seem to manifest from time to time. How would I fix the front to make it stick landings better?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice